May 18, 2008

OC stress 1

OC stress 2

AMD Athlon X2 5000+ 2.6GHz
ASUS M2N68-CM motherboard
Kingstong 2GB DDR2-800 memory

please comment or give me recommendations on my overclocking
is there something im doing wrong?
what about the memory and timing? is it ok run it beyond 400MHz?

and the temps. i know there's an issue on brisbane cores but im still worried coz i still don't know the exacte temps. i'm just thinking it's 12 degrees higher that's why its toooo high..

about the bios....
no HT multi
spread spectrum -- what is this??

what else can i do to achieve max OC to my system??

thanx...

cusideabelincoln

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2008
I doubt that thing is truly stable. You have a pretty high bus speed and a high HT Link along with about the max frequency for a Brisbane chip, although you do have the Voltage cranked up quite a bit.

You should really only run one burn in test at a time. Just run Prime95 for as long as possible.

And those temps of 74C are way high. With a decent cooler the temps should be well below 50C.

error8

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2007
76 C!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus man, you want to boil eggs on that poor chip or what? Try to keep it bellow 65 C. These chips don't have really high temperature thresholds.

I had a 4000+ X2 brisbane and got 2.9-3 ghz with 1.52 V in bios, but that with a thermalright ultra 90 push-pull heatsink. It never went over 62 C in Prime/Orthos/OCCT. I would advise you to change the cooler and improve your temps, before you can keep it at its current speed. Until then, lower your overclock and voltage a bit.

error8

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2007
Originally posted by: agawtrip

and the temps. i know there's an issue on brisbane cores but im still worried coz i still don't know the exacte temps.

Use Asus PC Probe, the utility of your mobo. I've used that and it seemed to be the closest to reality, regarding temperature reading.

agawtrip

May 18, 2008

Temperatures

i monitored the temps using different cpu monitoring utilities at stock clock. i guess those were the best cpu monitoring utilities, but they have different readings...

coretemp - 65-68
cpuidhw - 67-65
hmonitor - 58 (cpu0 - 47)
everest - 44-47
speedfan - 44 (core)

i've read about this on the web and forums like this, and they think that the diode sensor is somewhat defective or misplaced - the outside temp is being monitored.
i'm taking a smart guess here that the real and correct reading is 52-53 degrees, since it's the average reading of 5 utilities.

what do you think guys?

agawtrip

May 18, 2008

http://i44.tinypic.com/1ot4iq.jpg

i looked at the temp in BIOS. it's 47 degrees while the cpu is constant at 1.4v, stock speed no OC.

none of the utilities monitored the same temp. iguess it's because the cpu is 1.4v.

CnQ is enabled. why is the cpu is running at 1.4v?

error8

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2007
You didn't used the Asus Probe as I've advised you to use. Frankly I would take Coretemp to be the your "real load" temperature. But look at Asus Probe first. Forget about what you're seeing in bios.

CoinOperatedBoy

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2008
Look at your distance from Tjmax. Keep it above 20.

Other than that, I advise to always take the highest temperature as the real one, unless it's obviously wrong. Better to be safe than sorry.

CoinOperatedBoy

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2008
I would think that's hot for stock, yes, especially if your ambient temperature is relatively low. It's within safe limits though. You should make sure your heatsink is seated properly and the fan is up to speed.