Please Check Out My Resume

waylman

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2003
3,473
0
0
looks good...web address at the top is hard to read though...need a space after work history also.
 

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
24,182
2,404
126
1) I'd remove personal info for your own safety when posting.
2) I don't think activities have a role in a typical resume.
3) Spacing is screwy, but htat is probably the Word translation to html.
4) It is a cliche to say references are available. Of course they are available - you wouldn't be hired if they aren't.
 

Dufman

Golden Member
Dec 29, 2002
1,949
0
0
Originally posted by: dullard
I'd remove personal info for your own safety when posting.
its my old phone number, and wrong e-mail addy.

Two steps ahead of you.
 

DuffmanOhYeah

Golden Member
May 21, 2001
1,903
0
0
Really, you live in Indiana Pennsylvania? Well, which is it? Indiana or Pennsylvania? You clearly intended to list two states as you are missing a comma to deliniate one as a city and the other as a state.

Or maybe we should celebrate the joining of these two states into one disparate glob of discontinuous land?
 

Passions

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2000
6,855
2
0
Why is the website address so large and spaced? Make it normal.

Get rid of Executive Chair title. Makes you sound too presumpous, not really important for a entry level help desk job. Should dumb it down.

Other than that, looks good!!!

 

Dufman

Golden Member
Dec 29, 2002
1,949
0
0
Originally posted by: DuffmanOhYeah
Really, you live in Indiana Pennsylvania? Well, which is it? Indiana or Pennsylvania? You clearly intended to list two states as you are missing a comma to deliniate one as a city and the other as a state.
Fixed, thanks
 

Dufman

Golden Member
Dec 29, 2002
1,949
0
0
Originally posted by: Passions
Why is the website address so large and spaced? Make it normal.

Get rid of Executive Chair title. Makes you sound too presumpous, not really important for a entry level help desk job. Should dumb it down.

Other than that, looks good!!!
Executive Chair was the actual job title, there is nothing i can do about that.
 

bigalt

Golden Member
Oct 12, 2000
1,525
0
0
Originally posted by: dullard
1) I'd remove personal info for your own safety when posting.
2) I don't think activities have a role in a typical resume.
3) Spacing is screwy, but htat is probably the Word translation to html.
4) It is a cliche to say references are available. Of course they are available - you wouldn't be hired if they aren't.
i agree with these, especially 2.
 

Nanotech

Senior member
Mar 10, 2004
958
0
0
Looks pretty decent! :D

Feel free to disregard any of the following as they are only suggestions:

*I would use a different font that is easier to read perhaps Arial
*Combine "Serviced and supported over 100 personal computers. Performed preventive maintenance, adware detection and removal." into something like this:Performed preventive maintenance, adware detection and removal, as well as general support services on over 100 personal computers.
*In your description of work experience don't assume the reader knows what .ASP means say Developed several Active Server Page driven.... instead and maybe use the word interfaced instead of interacted.
*Expand on how successfully you managed your budgets if at all possible.
*Make certain all your font sizes/styles are the same. It may just be the text you posted but it doesn't appear they are.
*Instead of easy interface I think user-friendly interface is more appropriate
*Again don't assume the reader know's what PC's are or at least spell it out just for asthetic purposes
*Looks like you use periods at the end of some sentences and not others when really you should not use them at all with bullets
*Some resume reviewers are anal about the number of bullets under each work experience description being equal

Overall looks good though! ;)

Best Wishes!
 

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
17,999
1,395
126
Question, why do you put your present job in past tense?

It will be nice if you have any academic awards or certifications to put in your resume. Good luck.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY