Playstation 3 camping out

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
did you just sit outside the store while it was open and look dumb? do you lose your place in line if you have to pee? we're planning on starting at 10 am wed the 15th and that's a long long time, but with ebay i'll be able to pay rent for the rest of the year. :D

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: JohnCU
did you just sit outside the store while it was open and look dumb? do you lose your place in line if you have to pee? we're planning on starting at 10 am wed the 15th and that's a long long time, but with ebay i'll be able to pay rent for the rest of the year. :D

I remember waiting hours at a video rental store to get SFII when it first came out. I was 12 then.

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
Originally posted by: AgaBoogaBoo
When will it go on sale?

november 17th. i've camped out for black friday and everyone was really nice and they had coffee and doughnuts for us but this seems more cutthroat.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: AgaBoogaBoo
When will it go on sale?

november 17th. i've camped out for black friday and everyone was really nice and they had coffee and doughnuts for us but this seems more cutthroat.

I think you need to use this motivation for something more worthwhile than a video game console.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: msi1337
what if you camp out and the store doesnt get any?

Then you wasted 2 whole days looking like a schmuck :laugh:.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
I camped for the 360. 12 or 13 hours in wal-mart outside the layway department.... I think I was #8 in line. Even took the night off work (because they didn't hand out the consoles till midnight, and I worked over night at the time). I'm not doing that again.

SOSTrooper

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2001
Most people are pretty friendly, I mean, chances are a lot of them like games, and they all just want the system like you do (even maybe for different purposes). Just don't say you're buying the system to sell on ebay, act like you're actually gonna play it. Bring sleeping bag to keep you warm, have someone to camp out w/ you so you can go buy food and stuff. You don't lose your place when you go pee, just make friends with people lining up around you and it'll be cool. Don't act like an a-hole and you'll be sure to get your system when it comes out.

Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: SOSTrooper
Just don't say you're buying the system to sell on ebay, act like you're actually gonna play it.
Probably THE best advice you can get from anyone in this thread.

Kromis

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006
Lol, did you see that one video where an old woman got trample on? Hah!

Anyways, patience is a virtue.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Originally posted by: blurredvision
Originally posted by: SOSTrooper
Just don't say you're buying the system to sell on ebay, act like you're actually gonna play it.
Probably THE best advice you can get from anyone in this thread.

Not really,
Almost if not all the people that are waiting for htep PS3 are probably waiting for it to resell on ebay.

That's how it was on Gamestop Pre Order

sindows

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2005
Some guys literally did camp out at my BestBuy before the 360 came out. Had a tent, fire, couch(genious I tell you), pizza, soda, etc.

msi1337

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
when I camped out for the wii preorder a couple days ago I met some really nice people.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Sony hasn't confirmed launch numbers execept the "around 200k" right? With the track record this year I wouldn't hold my breath for any store to get more then 2 units.

Sep 29, 2004
Originally posted by: KLin

I remember waiting hours at a video rental store to get SFII when it first came out. I was 12 then.

ROFL: People won't pay waht htey want for it now. Why the hell people would pay more for it on EBay is beyond me.

Pastore

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by: QueBert
Sony hasn't confirmed launch numbers execept the "around 200k" right? With the track record this year I wouldn't hold my breath for any store to get more then 2 units.

Exactly my point. This launch is going to be stretched even thinner than the 360 launch. I don't believe for a second that these EB/Gamestop stores are going to be able to fill even half of their 16 pre-orders.