Playing the role of a Republican party member, HomerJS

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
My God this is so anti-American. We can't have a Moooslim in our federal government. This is a Christian nation where the Bible takes precedent over the Constitution.

Next thing they will try is enacting Sharia Law! Take our country back. We can't allow Mehmet Cengiz Oz to be elected.

Mehmet Cengiz Oz

Breaking character to point out Doc Oz is running as the Republican candidate for Senate "from PA". IMO - don't care that he is Muslim. However, that isn't the opinion of the party that advocates religious freedom. At least it didn't used to be.

Oz's Senate bid could be a Muslim first but is 'complicated' (msn.com)

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
I cannot mimic being a member of today's GOP.

Last edited by a moderator:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
My God this is so anti-American. We can't have a Moooslim in our federal government. This is a Christian nation where the Bible takes precedent over the Constitution.

Next thing they will try is enacting Sharia Law! Take our country back. We can't allow Mehmet Cengiz Oz to be elected.

Mehmet Cengiz Oz

Breaking character to point out Doc Oz is running as the Republican candidate for Senate "from PA". IMO - don't care that he is Muslim. However, that isn't the opinion of the party that advocates religious freedom. At least it didn't used to be.

I've been in complete amazement on this very pertinent point. "You know he's a Muslim" sounds familiar.
I guess being consistent means you should have some real beliefs, not a pile of memes.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Bellow is a bunch of Trumpies acting crazy. Interestingly, many of them say they were formerly Democrats and voted for Obama, but something caused them to flip over to the Republican party.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
All a person has to do to rip that facade away that a lot of Trump supporters hide behind is to ask them what specifically did Trump and the Repubs in the legislature do for them that raised their standard of living, maintained and improved their infrastructure, protected the social services the gov't provides that untold millions of Repubs rely on, etc. Things that ironically the Democrats are trying to keep for them or give to them.

All they've got to swing away with is their racism, their precious wall at the southern border, their gunnuttery, their contrived hatred and fear of "the establishment", their hatred of gays, most all of which have nothing to do with their political leaders providing for them what was promised in the way of lower taxes (LOL) and.......what else except the fact that these leaders of theirs are striving to take things away from their own followers rather than fighting for things to help them live a higher standard of living.

And to top it all off, the rank and file members of that party is perfectly fine with that. Doesn't make sense, right? But when was that ever a problem with their cult mindset?

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I had to go to deep Texas to deal with some family stuff and while I was there one of my relatives who is basically like the real life Trailer Park Boys - taking advantage of everything welfare they can get ahold of was going on and on about all the mexicans and how the mexicans were taking all the jobs (the usual stuff). I listened to this for nearly an hour before I finally just stopped her and said. "You don't even work, what job did they take of yours?" Rather than answer the questions, she just switched to "Well they come here and have all their babies and we have to pay taxes for their families". I said, so, same as you?

I mean....the sad part is, the people that are putting these things into their heads are the smart rich ones. It's sad.

Mar 11, 2004
Bellow is a bunch of Trumpies acting crazy. Interestingly, many of them say they were formerly Democrats and voted for Obama, but something caused them to flip over to the Republican party.

Almost certainly they're just full of shit. Most of them probably didn't vote at all back when it was possible to vote for Obama. "I voted for Obama" is sorta the political version of "I have a black friend", an attempt to pre-emptively defend themselves from being called racist because they know that's how they come off (because they're racist but know its bad to be racist).

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Almost certainly they're just full of shit. Most of them probably didn't vote at all back when it was possible to vote for Obama. "I voted for Obama" is sorta the political version of "I have a black friend", an attempt to pre-emptively defend themselves from being called racist because they know that's how they come off (because they're racist but know its bad to be racist).

Yeah, that juke of theirs is tiresome. Some conservatives who are no longer here in this forum tried that shtick and got roundly laughed at for the attempt. Trump cultists have developed the same tissue thin skin as Trump from constantly having to defend his ridiculously stupid antics, especially when they have to explain away those self-incriminating episodes of his. I mean, loyalty to an idiot has to have a limit somewhere down the line, although it looks like Trump was right about his being able to murder someone on 5th Ave. and not matter to his cult members. It was a bitch slap in the face to his followers that went right over their heads what with their being so enthralled with his vulgarities, oafish arrogance and childish behavior. Just the kind of guy that should be in charge of the most powerful nation in the world. lol

Reactions: soundforbjt

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

Mehmet Cengiz Oz

I thought Oz had been outed as a bit of a con man?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

I especially appreciate the part where you say they know how they come off. I think that knowing they are full of shit s much to be preferred to not knowing at all. Enough people around them agitating there comfort level, the more the chance their house of cards will fall.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
I had to go to deep Texas to deal with some family stuff and while I was there one of my relatives who is basically like the real life Trailer Park Boys - taking advantage of everything welfare they can get ahold of was going on and on about all the mexicans and how the mexicans were taking all the jobs (the usual stuff). I listened to this for nearly an hour before I finally just stopped her and said. "You don't even work, what job did they take of yours?" Rather than answer the questions, she just switched to "Well they come here and have all their babies and we have to pay taxes for their families". I said, so, same as you?

I mean....the sad part is, the people that are putting these things into their heads are the smart rich ones. It's sad.

My experience with people like that in Alabama was that any job they did was paid in cash so they didn’t have to report it as income therefor they didn’t pay income taxes. They had tree cutting businesses, backyard mechanics, yard maintenance, landscaping, construction, etc. They were always looking to game the system and were really good at it because it was passed down through the generations.

Reactions: soundforbjt

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
My experience with people like that in Alabama was that any job they did was paid in cash so they didn’t have to report it as income therefor they didn’t pay income taxes. They had tree cutting businesses, backyard mechanics, yard maintenance, landscaping, construction, etc. They were always looking to game the system and were really good at it because it was passed down through the generations.
Small gubmint folks...gotta love em...of course, they suck on the social welfare teet and complain about healthcare, infrastructure, schools, etc...ya know, stuff that might be better if they actually paid taxes.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Up until Oz was running for office I for one was unaware he was Muslim.

I would never vote for the guy because he's an idiot AND a Republican not because of his faith.

Compared to being him a member of the GOP I consider being Muslim an overall "positive".... in fact every Muslim/Islamic human being I've known personally has been a kind and decent person.

SO glad I grew up around people from all over the world in the NYC area so I KNOW we're all pretty much the same inside. (beware of anyone who tries to tell you differently!)

Last edited: