Playing TFC again

ITPaladin

Golden Member
Dec 16, 2003
I have seen people using what looks like a laser color coded to their team and they attach it to buildings and fly through the air.

Is this a hack I haven't seen since playing 3 years ago?

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Seen this in some HL mods, it's like the hookshot from Zelda. It's probably a legit feature on the server. Usually you have to bind it to a key.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
that's part of Neo TFC

every class gets special powers, everyone gets a hook shot, etc. lots of fun, although it can be 1000x harder with a good turret setup from an engineer

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
that's part of Neo TFC

every class gets special powers, everyone gets a hook shot, etc. lots of fun, although it can be 1000x harder with a good turret setup from an engineer

Yep, it's Neo TFC.

Bind the grapplinghook to one of your keys - from the console, to bind the X key to hook, type "bind x +hook".

ITPaladin

Golden Member
Dec 16, 2003
Another question:

Why do my servers not update?

If I sort by highest players, the same servers always come up first with the same number of people and it also appears to be the same map.

I connect and there are only 10 people rather than the 30.

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
Originally posted by: ITPaladin
Another question:

Why do my servers not update?

If I sort by highest players, the same servers always come up first with the same number of people and it also appears to be the same map.

I connect and there are only 10 people rather than the 30.

When you sort, it does not automatically go are re-update the list. This is a good thing in my opinion.

Hit "refresh" and you will rescan all the available servers.

If you do a "quick refresh", it will only scan the IP addresses currently on the browser.

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
I dont do quick refresh. I do scan all. These servers always stay the same.

Are you on the Favorites or History tab or something?

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
Originally posted by: Drako
I dont do quick refresh. I do scan all. These servers always stay the same.

Are you on the Favorites or History tab or something?

no.

I know what I am doing.

Sorry, did not mean to insult you, just asking. I'm not sure what is going on with your server browsers then, I've never had that type of issue.