Playing PS2 on my PC Monitor/Speakers

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
I'm looking for some feedback on some of these adapters, does anyone here use one they'd recommend? I saw some links to a kickass adapter before, but it was for XBox (with 480i support and all), is there any PS2 equivilent someone would recommend? I've looked around and found a lot of no name stuff for reasonable prices, but I'd hate to just buy one of these and find that it gives bad picture quality...

I'm also looking for one that has a "pass through" configuration, so I don't have to connect/disconnect my monitor all the time

zzzz

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2000
I use the one made by www.vdigi.com. Its for both xbox and PS2(gamecube too I think) I use it only for xbox though. The quality is great and it has a passthrough.

Mar 11, 2004
For video I just input my Gamecube and Xbox into the S-Video of my 2001FP. I have used other means (I have an HD VGA adapter, and have used tv tuner cards). You could opt for something like the Viewsonic Nextvision video processors (N4, N5, N6), but they're kinda pricey and I believe the N6 is the only one thats supposed to be very good. I don't recommend using a tv tuner card as my experiences show them to do a poor job (blurry, washed out colors, and major lagging on my Hauppage PVR-250). I just recently compared the S-Video with the HD adapter and there was a noticeable difference. I would still use the adapter if it wasn't such a hassle (it has its own power supply/cord, can't watch movies using it, you have to switch over to the component inputs and change settings, only works with a few gamecube games and you have to do a setup thing for every single game every time you play).

A VGA adapter made specifically for the PS2 would offer the most bang for you buck. I don't know much about what was linked to, but Lik-Sang.com and some other places would have what you want I think.

For sound I use Creative's DDTS-100. Its basically a mini-reciever or an enclosed Audigy 2. Has quite a bit of inputs and decodes almost all of the popular formats. It was about $125.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Hmm, I don't know about Lik-Sang's products, I'm seeing bad reviews on their site... are there any better alternatives??

Scifience

Apr 13, 2004
I have a little cheap dongle that connects to the PS2's output connector and converts in into VGA and red/white audio connectors. It only works with a few games that output native VGA, though.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by: Scifience
I have a little cheap dongle that connects to the PS2's output connector and converts in into VGA and red/white audio connectors. It only works with a few games that output native VGA, though.

Yah, I'm looking for something with good quality and good compatability, I'm willing to spend up to $60

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Well does anyone have a link to a forum that has more info on this so I can ask some questions? Thanks!

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by: Hummercash
VisionTech NextVision N6 is the way to go. I'll be doing that soon.

Too expensive though...

I've heard good things about this, but I'd really love to see some more reviews of various adapters... I'm coming up with a few results here and there, but nothing great so far

Xentrix

Banned
Jul 21, 2004
From the looks of the device it doesnt look like much effort was taken into creating it, doesnt look very powerful either