Playing God of War on PC?

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I know GoW is a PS4 title, but is it possible that we could get the game to work on the PC? I see this on You Tube all the time, but the videos look fake or doctured. Has anyone tried this yet?

Would be cool if it was a possibility.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I think fake for anything like this. If it were possible at all the internet would blow up because it's quite possibly the best game of the year even this early on.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Unfortunately no, lest we of course have a proper port. It's definitely a console exclusive and doesn't seem to be one of those "temporary" exclusives either.

However, I watched so many streams of pretty much whole playthroughs of it that at this point for me buying it would be pointless. I enjoyed the story from the streamers I watched, was a fun ride too (really it's a great game). I did the same with The Last of Us. I am aware that The Last of Us was apparently (or still is?) available to play from Sony's streaming service which worked on PC, and only required a controller to make it work. Not sure if that's the case now (or if it will ever be later on) for God of War though. If that's good enough for some people around that's fine. But for me I'd need a proper port to consider such games "available on PC". I really cannot care about streaming (paid or not) services.

Jan 10, 2018
Not possible at all, Sony can't be easy with its official titles besides that if someone even tried porting it to pc then somehow resources can't be managed but till now no news of its legitimacy.