Playing any older games these days?

JeffNY35

Dec 16, 2009
Just wondering what folks are playing that might be out of the normal newer games. I just finished ME3 and re-installed some old favorites for instance:

Planescape: Torment. Got some mods to go with it now such as widescreen support. The thing that makes me want to vomit is the UI, controls. But, still enjoying replaying an otherwise great classic

Fallout 3: Ok, it isn't really that old. Always liked it better than Vegas. Fiddling with a huge mod list right now, can't quite get everything working yet....

Kings Bounty: Armored Princess Again not that old, just Kings Bounty is HUGE! Finally beat it. So on to AP. I don't play it a ton have to be in the mood.

pw38

Apr 21, 2010
Age of Empires 2. I play it nearly every week. Also playing Max Payne 1 and 2. I love the oldies.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I posted a link to Rogue recently and played it... with a great game I made a mistake on... been thinking of trying Warlords 3...

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
Civilization III. I'm glad I never got into IV, III is addicting enough.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Thief 2 and Dungeon Keeper 2 are two games I always find myself able to go back and play.

I wish game remakes were as popular as hollywood ones. Would love to see Thief 1 and 2 with the next Unreal engine when it comes out.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Thief 2 and Dungeon Keeper 2 are two games I always find myself able to go back and play.

I wish game remakes were as popular as hollywood ones. Would love to see Thief 1 and 2 with the next Unreal engine when it comes out.

Even if they did remake them, they'd just be your standard regening health, level on rails, chest high wall everywhere shooters with things like keyboard/mouse support just being tacked on afterthought.

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
I'm playing alot of old games now :

Fallout Tactics
Railroad Tycoon 2
Dungeon Siege 1
Deus Ex 1

Can't find my copy of Thief 2... grrr, and nothing really good coming out except Max Payne 3 in the next few months.

Albatross

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2001
Deus ex
X-com tftd
Freespace 2 - the enhanced version or whatever is called

RavenSEAL

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2010
Been playing Final Fantasy IX. Found my old disk in the basement with my broken PS1.

Loaded up the simulator and have been enjoying it since using my 360 controller.

As far as true PC games, I always fire up AoE2/3 and SimCity for a quick round of fun. Some C&C never fails either.

bguile

Nov 30, 2011
Home World 2 and Morrowind

I just ordered Homeworld 2. How is it?

I really liked the idea of the first one, but had a hard time during the campaign missions. I often would start it, then lose interest half way through. Finally beat both those games a few weekends ago.

Now I am working on xcom apocolypse, and nexus jupiter incident, then maybe finally finish freedom force.

reallyscrued

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2004
Funny you should ask.

I've got a long list of games I got bored of half way through so now I'm trying to go back and play them in 1080p with crazy amounts of AA hoping that at least the graphics will keep me entertained long enough to finish them. Maybe then I could get my money's worth.

Playing Quake 4 (this game is so boring),
Doom3 RoE,
Need for Speed 4 (this was such a pain to install on Win7).

I just finished FarCry last month, it came bundled along with my 6800NU years ago and I had never gotten to the end of it. It's held up well, it's really interesting to see all the seedlings of ideas that eventually evolved to make it to Crysis.

jimrawr

Mar 4, 2003
I really want to play Kings Quest VI, but I really dont feel like playing $20 to buy it on steam since it comes with all the others in the series.. Just want to play 6

Jodell88

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
I just ordered Homeworld 2. How is it?

I really liked the idea of the first one, but had a hard time during the campaign missions. I often would start it, then lose interest half way through. Finally beat both those games a few weekends ago.

Now I am working on xcom apocolypse, and nexus jupiter incident, then maybe finally finish freedom force.

It's challenging. It done not help that the enemy like to exit hyperspace near your mothership, but it keeps you on your toes. The game still looks good after all these years IMO.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Oldest game I have installed is Jagged Alliance 2. I have Jagged Alliance (original) installed on my laptop.