Played a dirty trick on my cat

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
My cat loved playing with string, so I tied a shoelace to her tail. She just freaked out and tore around the house trying to get away from this horrible string that kept chasing her.
She's one of those cats that's scared of everything. If the doorbell rings, she hides under a bed for at least an hour, regardless of who it might be. If it thunders, she hides. If I do a funny voice impression, she goes wide-eyed and starts meowing.

RaiderJ

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
I'll do the laser pointer thing, but my dog gets bored of it too quickly. A fun way to keep them entertained is to spread some peanut butter on some bread and stick it to the roof of their mouth. They'll take a good five minutes to dislodge it and then oddly look at you for more.

On hardwood floors my dog has zero traction. Getting her excited and the having her run across the house sliding into and under everything is pretty funny!

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: MisterJackson
Originally posted by: SonnyDaze
MyMinature Pinscher eats anything he can get into his mouth (this breed apparently has a voracious appetite). He eats spiders. at first he gums them, keeping them alive in his mouth, and they usually bite him during this process. He'll whimper a little bit but happily keeps on munching. He has yet to meet a spider he doesn't like.

The best is if he hears a knock on the door, especially if he's passed out on the couch. He immediately bolts upright and spazzes (sp?) out. So every now and then, when he's in deep REM sleep I'll knock as hard as I can on the wall near him. He literally comes up off the couch, all four in the air, landing in attack mode.

He also hates wind. If we're driving down the road with the windows down he'll hang his head out the side and "chew" on the wind the entire time if I let him. so one day I opened the sunroof and held the top half of him out while we went about 20mph. He wwent bonkers.

Also, EVERY single night when we get home for the evening, as soon as he walks through the front door he goes into this....what I can only describe as a dog on speed, meth, angeldust and PCP all at once. He will run loops and patterns around furniture and between coffee tables and then up the stairs. He runs so fast it just looks like a little black blur. It's the kind of running where a dog hits speeds so fast that their hind legs surpass their front legs and they're in this "hunched" position the whole time in "run mode". You can't even really see his little legs they move so fast.

If we sit on the couch while he does this he'll divert his path and run by us once in awhile, so occasionally I'll stick my foot out in front of him. He has no time to slow down and the resulting trip causes him to roll at least four times into a nearby wall. He gets up, shakes it off, and does it all over again. and before you blast me for it, just know he loves it, because he always comes back for more.

The MEANEST thing I think we did to him, and I won't do it again, was put a sock on his head one evening after coming home. I did it because he kept going in the laundary room and getting it out of the basket to chew on when he had plenty of other toys. Needless to say his "spazz mode" and a sock on his head was not a good combination for him. He hit everything possible at full force. I took it off after 30 seconds or so. I felt bad about it, but it seemed to teach him a valuable lesson.....he's not chewed on a sock since then ;).

LOL!! I thought I was the only one with a MinPin that was a nut case. Mine does the same sh|t you described and he loves to eat. He has been neutered but he still tries to mount my Black Labs when he gets excited!! I always thought my MinPin just had mental problems but it sound like its in the breed. :)

Oh, he'll hump any lady dog he can get his little paws on. These are truly the "man whores" of dogs.

Here's ours on my work PC:

Text

ROFL

Shadowknight

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Jerk. The meanest thing I've ever done is just pretending to throw a toy mouse, though I don't have one in hand. I don't deliberately get them tangled up in packing tape.

sadffffff

Jan 6, 2006
i took my roommates cat by the neck and shoved it in the food containter there is so little room that the cat takes up all the space in the container that the food isnt.. then i put the lid on and some bricks on top, and laughed

Jun 19, 2004
Originally posted by: sadffffff
i took my roommates cat by the neck and shoved it in the food containter there is so little room that the cat takes up all the space in the container that the food isnt.. then i put the lid on and some bricks on top, and laughed

That's just cruel. You've got issues man. I'm not pro cat by any means

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
MyMinature Pinscher eats anything he can get into his mouth (this breed apparently has a voracious appetite). He eats spiders. at first he gums them, keeping them alive in his mouth, and they usually bite him during this process. He'll whimper a little bit but happily keeps on munching. He has yet to meet a spider he doesn't like.

The best is if he hears a knock on the door, especially if he's passed out on the couch. He immediately bolts upright and spazzes (sp?) out. So every now and then, when he's in deep REM sleep I'll knock as hard as I can on the wall near him. He literally comes up off the couch, all four in the air, landing in attack mode.

He also hates wind. If we're driving down the road with the windows down he'll hang his head out the side and "chew" on the wind the entire time if I let him. so one day I opened the sunroof and held the top half of him out while we went about 20mph. He wwent bonkers.

Also, EVERY single night when we get home for the evening, as soon as he walks through the front door he goes into this....what I can only describe as a dog on speed, meth, angeldust and PCP all at once. He will run loops and patterns around furniture and between coffee tables and then up the stairs. He runs so fast it just looks like a little black blur. It's the kind of running where a dog hits speeds so fast that their hind legs surpass their front legs and they're in this "hunched" position the whole time in "run mode". You can't even really see his little legs they move so fast.

If we sit on the couch while he does this he'll divert his path and run by us once in awhile, so occasionally I'll stick my foot out in front of him. He has no time to slow down and the resulting trip causes him to roll at least four times into a nearby wall. He gets up, shakes it off, and does it all over again. and before you blast me for it, just know he loves it, because he always comes back for more.

The MEANEST thing I think we did to him, and I won't do it again, was put a sock on his head one evening after coming home. I did it because he kept going in the laundary room and getting it out of the basket to chew on when he had plenty of other toys. Needless to say his "spazz mode" and a sock on his head was not a good combination for him. He hit everything possible at full force. I took it off after 30 seconds or so. I felt bad about it, but it seemed to teach him a valuable lesson.....he's not chewed on a sock since then ;).

LOL!! I thought I was the only one with a MinPin that was a nut case. Mine does the same sh|t you described and he loves to eat. He has been neutered but he still tries to mount my Black Labs when he gets excited!! I always thought my MinPin just had mental problems but it sound like its in the breed. :)

My mother has a female mini-pin. Absolutely psychotic, but sweet, dog. When I visit, she goes batsh!t crazy chasing either me or the ceiling fan in circles and then decides she must go out the back sliding glass door, even though it's closed. I always feel guilty laughing, 'cause it sure sounds painful.

Also, she has OCD. I don't know what else to call it. When she gets something in her head, she just will NOT let it go. She was being bad with her B-A-L-L (yes, we have to spell it, or she'll spaz out), and so my brother put it in timeout on top of a bookcase. THREE FREAKING DAYS she sat at the foot of that bookcase whining for it. The entire day.

Jun 19, 2004
Originally posted by: TheAdvocate

My mother has a female mini-pin. Absolutely psychotic, but sweet, dog. When I visit, she goes batsh!t crazy chasing either me or the ceiling fan in circles and then decides she must go out the back sliding glass door, even though it's closed. I always feel guilty laughing, 'cause it sure sounds painful.

Also, she has OCD. I don't know what else to call it. When she gets something in her head, she just will NOT let it go. She was being bad with her B-A-L-L (yes, we have to spell it, or she'll spaz out), and so my brother put it in timeout on top of a bookcase. THREE FREAKING DAYS she sat at the foot of that bookcase whining for it. The entire day.

Oh yeah, ours does something similar. I keep his treats on my computer desk. If he's really good I'll give him one. On the evenings I don't because of something bad he did he'll just sit there by the corner and look up at my desk. He's gotten now to where he stands up on his hind legs trying to see over the top but his nose comes just under the bottom. You'd think doing that over and over would deter him, but it doesn't. he'll stand there, fully stretched out, little nose in the air, until I say something. Even then he'll only move for a little while then go right back until I remove him.

I'm just glad this breed has a cool bark, it's just a mini version of a big dog bark. I can't stand little yappy dogs.

The other night I took him over to a friends house and he tore after their kitten. It was truly some funny sh1t to see them run throughout the house. Even after he got a face full of claws while going after her under the bed he still wasn't fazed in the slightest.

Then he got into the cats food. My friend said it was cool, and it was his feeding time anyway, so I let him eat while we talked.

the thing about Min Pins is they usually don't chew. Their appetite is so huge that they usually swallow food whole. Normally I water his dry food down because of this, but this cat food was dry.

Fast forward a few hours, he's asleep on my chest while I watch TV. Suddenly he lifts his head and starts that "I'm gonna yak" hiccup that dogs do just before spewing. It came on fast so I knew by the time I carried him outside he'd have puked on the carpet, so I just moved him on top of this old blanket I had to keep the puke off the couch.

What he threw up was the entire meal of cat food, and two small dog treats I'd given him earlier, and it was ALL still intact, not a bit of it was chewed.

I took the blanket to the laundary room and set it down for a second while I went to check on him but he was gone. i turn around and he's on the blanket eating the puked food! I scolded him but he just moved back a little then stretched his neck out more and continued eating, sorta like "I know I'm being bad, but screw you I'm gonna eat until you make me stop.". So I went over to him and even after moving him I had to hold him back while I moved the blanket because he tried to dart between my legs and get to it agian.

Gross as hell, but damn funny.