Playboy and future acting success

cyclistca

Platinum Member
Dec 5, 2000
Jenny McCarthy has a new movie out that suck according to the critics. Anyhoo this got me wondering. Has anyone that's posed for Playboy ever gone on to have a successful TV or film career?

How about actresses that that have posed in the magazine as a way of resurrecting their careers? Has it made a difference?

borosp1

Apr 12, 2003
Originally posted by: habib89
pamela anderson? she was on baywatch forever

yes Pamela Anderson is the most famous. She also been on the most covers of playboy than any other person.

Kelly Monaco from Dancing with stars and all my children was in playboy in the early 90s as well before becoming and actress.

chibchakan

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2001
Drew Barrymore posed nude in the January 1995 issue of Playboy. But Charlize Theron also posed nude in the May 1999 issue of Playboy. Charlize Theron is probably the most successful actress, since she won a Oscar. Pamela Anderson isn't a legit actress and her career is over.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: borosp1
Kelly Monaco from Dancing with stars and all my children was in playboy in the early 90s as well before becoming and actress.
my immediate thought as well.

borosp1

Apr 12, 2003
Originally posted by: chibchakan
Drew Barrymore posed nude in the January 1995 issue of Playboy. But Charlize Theron also posed nude in the May 1999 issue of Playboy. Charlize Theron is probably the most successful actress, since she won a Oscar. Pamela Anderson isn't a legit actress and her career is over.

thats already after they were actors.. I think the original posters question was if anyone poised in playboy and then became a succesfull actor.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Rogue
Not when she does things like this:

http://www.thesuperficial.com/image.php?path=/archives/jenny_mccarthy_pee1.jpg

Those pics were taken while she was on Howard Stern show today. Howard threaten to play a bad review from Ebert & Roeper if she didn't get in the tickle chair. Too bad Howard doesn't have his E! show anymore.
Maria Menounos' tickle chair segment rocked. If you've never seen it, ... sucker.

Jul 12, 2001

Those pics were taken while she was on Howard Stern show today. Howard threaten to play a bad review from Ebert & Roeper if she didn't get in the tickle chair. Too bad Howard doesn't have his E! show anymore.

did she actually pee herself? I was listening, but didnt hear the end of it...in the comments in that link someone said that someone poured a drink on her

chibchakan

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2001
Originally posted by: rh71
Maria Menounos' tickle chair segment rocked. If you've never seen it, ... sucker.

I not only saw it, but also download it. It was great. :thumbsup::cool:

Too bad she laughed like Fran Dresher.:thumbsdown::disgust:

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000

Link? PM? Somebody? :D

chibchakan

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2001
Originally posted by: MrDingleDangle
did she actually pee herself? I was listening, but didn't hear the end of it...in the comments in that link someone said that someone poured a drink on her

Howard mentioned he made her wet herself.:laugh:

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Shannon Tweed, a former Playboy PMOY, has been in numerous 'B' movies. Some or most of which haven't been too bad.

cyclistca

Platinum Member
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: borosp1

thats already after they were actors.. I think the original posters question was if anyone poised in playboy and then became a succesfull actor.

No that would fit the second question. I think in both their cases it probably didn't make a difference. They would have been successful regardless.

<---- Goes looks for nekid pics of Charlize Theron

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001

Link? PM? Somebody? :D
it was quite large since I have the whole segment joined into 1 file... Maybe chibchakan can up just the tickle segment onto the ATOT FTP... or rapidshare.de. I know it came in parts and that was part 3.

jcwagers

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2000
The only one I can think of is Angie Everhart. I know she's done some movies.....and I wouldn't call her a "major star" but she's done a few movies and makes a decent living I'd imagine. :)

GamerExpress

Banned
Aug 28, 2005

OH my yes!!!!! Maria Menounos looked so hot on there!!!! I think I fell in love with her after watching that, what a RACK!!!

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: GamerExpress

OH my yes!!!!! Maria Menounos looked so hot on there!!!! I think I fell in love with her after watching that, what a RACK!!!

That had to be a tough one for Howard - Maria appeared to really have a crush on him, and IMO she's a lot hotter than Beth O. Beth seems like a nice girl, though. Actually I saw the two of them on the street in NYC last year - Howard is SO friggin' skinny that he really didn't have a larger-than-life quality somehow, in spite of the fact that I'm a huge fan.

Nov 7, 2000
i was under the assumption that charlize did not pose for the magazine, rather they just published a collection of photos from her modeling days. i may be mistaken

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
upped the Maria Menounos tickle part to rogue, now quit PM'ing me. ;)