Play Store added delete for My Apps!(On Device Only) When?

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices & Gadgets' started by Kenmitch, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Kenmitch

Kenmitch Diamond Member

Just noticed the other day that there is an option to delete apps from My Apps list now. Not sure when it popped up but I'm glad it's now possible. Kinda sucked having every app I've tried show up on the list for My Apps!

Edited for clarification :)

#1 Kenmitch, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  2. benzylic

benzylic Golden Member

I noticed this a few weeks ago. To bad it reloads and goes back to the top of the list when you delete an app though, hopefully they will add it to the website soon.

3. Zaap

Zaap Diamond Member

I noticed this too, and was thinking "Wow, it's about freakin' time."

I was so cumbersome to see the whole list of every stupid little app you've ever tried out cluttering up the My Apps list with no way to remove.

4. lothar

lothar Diamond Member

I noticed this a week and a half ago and wanted to make a thread about it, but didn't bother because I thought I was late and everyone else already knew.

5. iahk

iahk Senior member

This update started pushing out about just over 3 weeks ago.

6. jiffylube1024

jiffylube1024 Diamond Member

I want an update that lets me delete (free) Apps completely from my library that I downloaded but never want to use again!

7. Red Storm

Red Storm Lifer

Isn't that precisely what this does?

8. WelshBloke

WelshBloke Lifer

Yes, it's a pain to go through them one by one though. It's an improvement but the play store needs a load more.

9. tfinch2

tfinch2 Lifer

Not sure if serious...

10. WelshBloke

WelshBloke Lifer

He means from the my apps bit not delete them from the market. :D

I agree with him as well. It's annoying to have every free app you've ever tried out listed in the my apps section. It makes that section useless if you've had an android device for any length of time.

11. gorcorps

gorcorps aka Brandon

You need to read the thread again, and then try it out for yourself, because what the OP is talking about is exactly what you're describing. You can now delete apps you've downloaded from "my apps" so you don't see them again.

In the my apps list theres a new icon on each app name that lets you delete it from the list if not installed on your device.

12. WelshBloke

WelshBloke Lifer

Yeah I know :confused:

Edit: tfinch seemed to think the OP meant from the market, not from the my apps bit.

13. basslover1

basslover1 Golden Member

Long press for multiple selection. Think of long press like ctrl + click.

14. Uppsala9496

Uppsala9496 Diamond Member

Long press doesn't work for me. Glad this thread was made because there are a bunch of crap apps I don't want listed. Thanks.

15. WelshBloke

WelshBloke Lifer

Don't long press on the delete icon just on the name, then just tap on the names of the others and choose the delete icon in the top right.

16. tfinch2

tfinch2 Lifer

Where on earth did you get that idea?

I am not sure if this post is serious because this is exactly what the OP is describing.

17. jiffylube1024

jiffylube1024 Diamond Member

My post was dead serious. At no point was this procedure listed clearly & explicitly in this thread. To quote Michael Scott "Explain it to me like I'm 10 years old" ... (don't get it) ... "OK, explain it to me like I'm 5 years old".

We're using multiple terms interchangeably without being clear about what we mean. "My Apps" means the "My Apps" list on the android device, and not "Other apps in my library" which is the exact same list but on the Play Store website. That's what I thought the OP meant by deleting apps from the library. I don't use the My Apps section of the phone itself very often; I find it easier to just do it on the web.

OK so I figured it out now:

-you can delete Apps from your App Library (not installed on device) WHILE USING YOUR ANDROID DEVICE. It doesn't work on the play store website (where the trash icons are next to *installed* apps, allowing you to delete apps installed on your devices). Confusion between these two functions is what led to my posting.

I was trying from the Play Store website, where I do most of my app management from. No dice.
    -----

It's nice that this works, at least.

Edit: Long pressing works great for multiple deletions at once.

Long press on one app (not the delete icon) (on the device under Play Store > Apps > All Apps), then you can tap on multiple apps allows you to select multiple apps at once. You can then then click the uninstall icon in the top right to remove multiple apps at a time.Good stuff! Much faster than doing them one at a time! Now Google - bring this functionality to the Play Store website!!!

#17 jiffylube1024, Nov 5, 2012
  18. Kenmitch

Kenmitch Diamond Member

I quoted you in the first post for clarification :)

Guess you could also uninstall an app then delete it off the list the same way if needed.

#18 Kenmitch, Nov 5, 2012
  19. Oyeve

Oyeve Lifer

Wow, ive been waiting 2 years for this. Now i can get rid of 100s of old ass apps from my OG droid days!