Plantronics DSP-500 Gaming Headset 32.90 Shipped!

brownzilla786

Dec 18, 2005
Link

Plantronics DSP-500 digitally-enhanced gaming/multimedia headset with full-range stereo sound. It's perfect for multimedia applications such as games, CD's and MP3 music, speech recognition and voice applications. The 40mm speakers provide dynamic bass response. Plantronics PerSono? Audio Control Center Software available via internet download. The PerSono Audio Control Center Software allows users to adjust microphone and audio characteristics like volume, bass and treble, launch their favorite voice or audio applications, as well as select audio presets like rock, jazz or classical, all from a central software interface.

As far as I know, anyone who used the DSP-500 has highly recommended it. Usual price usually hovers around 50, but plantronics is having a clearance, they are probably going to bring out a new headset.

Harmattan

Oct 3, 2006
This is really a great headset, probably the best in its class (Definitely the best $32 can buy). I've been using mine for 3 years or so and the quality is terrific for music and gaming. It doesn't have any of the surround replication some of the high-end headsets have, but I always thought that sounded reallly weird, and almost annoying.

Another plus is the cord is extremly long.

jajaja

Jul 8, 2007
guys. how long is the cord this one has ?

and is this really really cheap guys ?

Havoc13

Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: jajaja

The cord is over 8 foot long, most likely 10'.

And yes this is really cheap, incredible headset for the money.

Been very happy with my 2 1/2 year old pair and I paid 50+ for them, must have rolled over the cord a 1000 times by now and they still work fine.

jajaja

Jul 8, 2007
Originally posted by: Havoc13
Originally posted by: jajaja

The cord is over 8 foot long, most likely 10'.

And yes this is really cheap, incredible headset for the money.

Been very happy with my 2 1/2 year old pair and I paid 50+ for them, must have rolled over the cord a 1000 times by now and they still work fine.

alright thanks guys. I ordered one :)

Rumpltzer

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2003
I own these. I'd buy it again. My only complaint is that they kind of make my ears hot.

They've held up really well for over 2.5 years of being tossed onto the carpet and onto the desk when getting too excited about the games.

TomSM

Feb 6, 2004
Agreed, best headset I've ever own. Sound quality is awesome. It works on Mac too.

GZeus

Apr 24, 2006
Great price, too bad about this part, especially from the manufacturer:
"Returns: All products on this site are non-returnable and all sales are final. All products are new."
No warranty info that I could see either. :(

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
what timing ... yesterday i just ordered recently available broadband for my rural area after enduring 7 years of 56K Dial-up ...

and since i am getting broadband with great ping times - no satellite - naturally i went to look for my ancient cheap sad old Headset
---and also found it yesterday ... destroyed ... one ear piece broken off :p

-good riddance!

thanks OP!

edit: quick question ... i see all the SW is for XP ... no problems with Vista is there?

jsxlynn

May 26, 2006

Their store also has:

MX500C Hands-free Headset for Headset Ready Cordless Phones

It it $12.95, plus $7.95 shipping (interestingly I ordered two--same shipping cost). The unit seems to have very good reviews so.

Thanks op

spikemasta

Mar 25, 2004
great sound quality, and great customer service...my sound stopped working after two years for whatever reason, and i was able to send them in for repair. Just paid shipping for a brand new pair.
The microphone quality is also high quality.

Executioner

Oct 24, 1999
Thanks for the link. I ordered one also and used it to play FEAR on-line with no issues; however, I noticed it did not come with instructions or even software. Is this needed if you are running Windows XP? It's nice that Windows XP will automatically switch your sound device to the head set, and return it back to your default sound driver when done.

brownzilla786

Dec 18, 2005
My friend had a different plantronic headset, and when that broke plantronics sent him a new one for free no questions asked.

SleepWalkerX

Platinum Member
Jun 29, 2004
damn they have the .audio 70 for only 8 bucks too. the usb headphones are a little bit more of a pain in linux..

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
i got mine yesterday ... i didn't realize that when you plug it in it shuts off your stereo speakers [i am using Vista although i also dual-boot with XP]

... and they sound *good* ... i played a SP game last night using only headphones ... very comfortable and very nice .. good audio characteristics and excellent positioning.

i didn't D/L any SW for it .. should i?
-and the SW doesn't appear to work with Vista ... does it?
--is there a warranty? i only got a packing list.