Planting plants right on top of huge brick of rock phosphate wtf?!!?

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
I thought surely rock phosphate was an amendment that you would add sparengly to not burn your plants. But then I watch this video:

Dude literally plants tomatoes IN a huge patch or rock phosphate, and apparently that doubles his tomato production????

Does that sound right?

ANd if you can do that with rock phosphate, why not just dump in some of the other nutrients at the bottom of the growing pit as well?

I've got some silly tropical fish that have been multiplying in my aquarium, can I just add 2 or 3 of them at the bottom of the pit with the rock phosphate?

Then just add a good bit of potash as well? Dust that shit UP!

Screw composing, just add the shit STRAIGHT!!!!

Thanks!

turtile

Aug 19, 2014
I thought surely rock phosphate was an amendment that you would add sparengly to not burn your plants. But then I watch this video:

Dude literally plants tomatoes IN a huge patch or rock phosphate, and apparently that doubles his tomato production????

Does that sound right?

ANd if you can do that with rock phosphate, why not just dump in some of the other nutrients at the bottom of the growing pit as well?

I've got some silly tropical fish that have been multiplying in my aquarium, can I just add 2 or 3 of them at the bottom of the pit with the rock phosphate?

Then just add a good bit of potash as well? Dust that shit UP!

Screw composing, just add the shit STRAIGHT!!!!

Thanks!

Phosphate rarely has major negative effects on plants. If he is getting double the yield, it means his soil doesn't have the optimum amount of phosphorus. There's no need to add a lot of it because it stays in the soil for a long time.