Planning a quick, cheap vacation

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
Got the next week off, going on vacation. We aren't set on where we are going yet. A nice vacation package deal could easily persuade me, some kinda super cheap last minute deal for 4 people (3 others going). Where might I get lucky finding a vacation package for me?

Sites like Hotwire, Expedia, and Orbitz require you to specify a departure date, and destination before searching for deals, but I have no destination in mind, and am not sure when I'm going to leave right now. I'm just looking for a crazy good vacation deal, flight tickets+hotel+rental car package might be best. Otherwise I'll just head up to the mountains and do some fishing, which I wouldn't mind either. Thanks :)

jinduy

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
travelzoo? in my experience, if you like to do a lot of heavy researching (i guess not 'quick' then), making direct contact with the actual service (hotel, car rental, flight) tends to be cheaper by dealing w/ each separately rather than going the package route.

arrfep

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2006
Checkout lastminute.com ...I used it when it was site59 and got a good deal on a weekend package.

They sell vacations as packages, flight+hotel or flight+hotel+car. Most departures are on W/Thu/Fr/Sat. Pick where you want to leave from, then a general region you want to go to, and it will list all packages...sort by price, and find someplace cool to go!