Planetside2 - Should I start playing...?

Oct 30, 2004
Absolutely. It has a learning curve and will take a while to learn the game, but it's awesome and the scope is ground breaking. Imagine battles with potentially 100+ people on each side. Even 3-way battles.

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
Try Firefall, it's more pve based so you're not fighting against people with tons of experience or who spent cash.

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
Yes, it's the only viable MMOFPS and MMOFPS is the best FPS. Understand though they aren't very focused on balance and such though, and vehicles like Lightnings trade off huge amounts of armor and damage for not much speed and maneuverability.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
try and play with a friend and/or try and make as many friends as possible. Best bet might be to try and join a decently sized/active outfit to help you through the early growing pains, going lone wolf early on is going to be pretty discouraging, even for the best players.

Harrod

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2010
It's a fun game, I find myself either playing as assault or as an infiltrator and trolling people with the cloak. There are always those people that get pissed of that you killed them and come looking for you. I killed one guy 6 times in a row before he gave up one time.

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
For sure try it.

I play it at least once a week.

Even a noob can do well if you fight with your teammates. This is a war fps not a k to d ratio fps. Just pay attention to what your teammates are doing and fight with them and go for objectives. No need for outfits or even platoons to play this game.

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
try and play with a friend and/or try and make as many friends as possible. Best bet might be to try and join a decently sized/active outfit to help you through the early growing pains, going lone wolf early on is going to be pretty discouraging, even for the best players.

Was not for me.