Planetside 2..Free to play..and looking awesome so far!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by imaheadcase, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Red Storm

Red Storm Lifer

Anyone else not able to get in game? I can get to character selection but when I press 'Play' nothing happens, gave it a god 15 minutes too.

2. Sabbatini

Sabbatini Junior Member

same problem

3. imaheadcase

imaheadcase Diamond Member

Working fine for me.

Twitch.tv intergration works real good. I don't notice any problems when playing with it on. I doubt people watched though because i was just sniping in same spot for a hour. lol

4. SunnyD

SunnyD Belgian Waffler

So I have determined that using ANY type of sight/rail upgrade with assault rifles is just absolutely pointless. I decided to "waste" a few cert points and get the Polaris yesterday just for shits and giggles, and went out with it. Yeah, I know it's a slightly better gun anyway, but using iron sights on it I would easily walk in and rape 2 or 3 people at a time in a matter of seconds before they could react, whereas with the Polaris and a reflex sight I could empty half a clip into one light assault and still die, and the kill screen would show the person I was should would still have half their SHIELDS left.

5. imaheadcase

Yah the kill screen is kind of messed up, in fact lots of stuff is messed up with kill credits. Its annoying for instance to not get partial credit for killing tanks even though you used all rockets on one, just to have someone else kill it. Or worse yet it despawning in front of you and get nothing as well.

I "think" the kill screen is not syncing right when they you/they die.

6. crownjules

crownjules Diamond Member

I just logged in for the first time in two days and I have 1033 cert points. Did they just fling out CPs for everyone to test stuff?

edit: Now I have 2063. And that's after I spent the 1000 I had from before.

edit2: Also Sunny, it looks like they heard your complaints. I can now unlock any scope I want. You don't have to do them in order to get the last one. Of course, I have no idea why anyone would waste CPs on the low level scopes now...

#606 crownjules, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  7. SunnyD

SunnyD Belgian Waffler

They gave everybody 1000 cp for the unexpected downtime over the weekend with the Alpha Squad thing.

Good to hear about the scopes though... it makes a lot more sense to NOT have to burn 60 or so cp if "ranged" isn't your play style just to get a non-ranged rail.

8. SunnyD

SunnyD Belgian Waffler

Decided to learn how to fly last night.

After an hour, threw about 400 cert points at the Scythe.

After four hours I logged off with a smile on my face and went to bed.

9. Red Storm

Red Storm Lifer

Except now each one costs 48 so it's not much better.

10. SunnyD

SunnyD Belgian Waffler

I agree somewhat, 48cp is a bit much for some of the basics. But on the flip side, the reduced the costs of some of the other stuff too.

11. Red Storm

Red Storm Lifer

True.

I must say, I hadn't logged into the game in quite a while and did so for the first time the other night. Performance has greatly improved. The game just feels a lot smoother now. I only got a peek of Amerish at night but I was really digging the mountainous terrain in the middle with the green around.

12. felang

felang Senior member

Ok so I got my beta key yesterday and played just one match. Seems allright, but is their a tutorial anywhere so that people that have never played Planetside can get the hang of the different aspects of the game. It just seems really different than anything I´ve played before and I felt a little lost.

Or maybe I was just really tired last night.

13. JTsyo

JTsyo Lifer

This wiki might help

14. felang

felang Senior member

Thanks

15. JTsyo

JTsyo Lifer

Used the 1K Certs to unlock some of the different guns. I'll try them out and see which ones to focus on for the actual game. They got used up pretty fast though. Not promising on how much you'll need to play to unlock a decent amount of stuff.

16. SunnyD

SunnyD Belgian Waffler

New patch incoming... they're changing how base capture/defense works.

#616 SunnyD, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  17. JTsyo

JTsyo Lifer

Not sure why they added that. You already had shields that recharge. Don't think it'll make too much of a difference though.

18. NikolaeVarius

My god. Developers need to stop this shit. Being low on health after a firefight is something that encourages teamwork because. Freaking COD influences.

19. SunnyD

SunnyD Belgian Waffler

I had no problems when it used to be you could go back to an equipment station, resupply and get a full heal from it. I was irritated when they removed it.

I am... indifferent on this. I think the timers should be a bit more stretched out though as it gives a real distinct advantage to snipers. Maybe 1 minute before HP regen and 2 minutes to fully regen a health bar.

20. CottonRabbit

CottonRabbit Golden Member

So they just halved cert point gain. I thought it was slow enough.

21. imaheadcase

But you also have more chances to get exp so it evens out. Even though its 500exp now, base capture/defense grants you exp on a wider area now.

22. SunnyD

SunnyD Belgian Waffler

That will slow it down no matter what you say. A lot.

23. crownjules

crownjules Diamond Member

You gotta expect it will be a slow grind. It's F2P so Sony will want to make purchasing XP boosts very attractive. If you've played the newer Tribes: Ascend it's the same thing there. It takes FOREVER to accumulate enough XP to unlock new weapons, and I bought the VIP package which boosts gain by 50%!

24. Bobisuruncle54

Bobisuruncle54 Senior member

Hmmm has anyone found the latest patch to be a complete lagathon sometimes? It's either that or some players are using a speed exploit/hack.

25. JTsyo

JTsyo Lifer

What's with grenades in this game? No matter where I throw it, I end up dead from it. Thought the big patch was supposed to fix it.