PlanetBase/Banished- building games- suggestions

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
I really enjoy Base building games, Just picked PlanetBase and like it but its missing that "extra" its about building a base on airless planets. Your enemy is asteroids or overbuilding. You can build most items in 4-5 hours session then its just making it bigger and covering more ground, bit like banished, enemy is overbuilding or plague, natural disasters. Now i would like to see some defense, enemies but understand how the devs went.
Not looking for the CIV like games or 4X

My question, other games like this? any suggestions?
i know
TOWNS- liked (unlike most)
Gnomoria- didn't like (again not like most)

JimmiG

Platinum Member
Feb 24, 2005
Anno series, especially the older 1404 and 2070
Timber and Stone
Stonehearth
Tropico series
Folk Tale

Some of those are in Early Access, but they're already playable and enjoyable at this point.

Also, for Banished, check out the Colonial Charter mod. It doesn't include enemies, but it expands on the production chains far beyond the original game.

Last edited:

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
I will try some of these, I did have Folk Tale but haven't looked at it in along time (i would guess its been patched alot since). I also found out PlanetBase does have some more enemies, i had not let visitors on base and they sometimes shoot the place up, so that has enhanced it a bit more. I will be looking at the other suggestions, not many but thanks for the ones i did get.