Planet of the apes movie

Shmorq

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000
I think it'll be great, but not perceived that way since the expectation, at least for me, are very high.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Think it will be to us patriotic for the rest of the world to consider it a masterpeace, though it could have been. Thats hollywood for you.

kbm5

Banned
Feb 22, 2001
The original 1969(?) version is definitely worth checking out, if you haven't seen it yet. It's a lot better than I thought it was going to be -- definitely not cheezy, and definitely a movie that makes you think.

Shmorq

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000

<< The original 1969(?) version is definitely worth checking out, if you haven't seen it yet. It's a lot better than I thought it was going to be -- definitely not cheezy, and definitely a movie that makes you think. >>

Yeap! But the many sequels were all unbearable...

stonerdave

Golden Member
Jul 26, 2000
yes, the original's actually not that bad. if they'd cast a different actor instead of Charlton Heston as the star (say Sean Connery?) it could've been the best sc-fi flick ever.

why they came out with so many sequels still remains a mystery to mankind.

Copperman

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2000
I liked the original really well......

The second one was the better of the sequels but that ain't saying much

Asha'man

Oct 15, 1999
yep I remember the first one...it's a good movie, and even though it is old it is still quite convincing.

where have you read about the new movie/when is it opening??

Asha'man

Shmorq

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000

<< but i already know what happens at the end >>

That's true, but we already knew what would happen in Episode 1 of Star Wars and we still watched it.