Places to get an X-Ray done cheaply? No insurance coverage =[. What do I search for in Google?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dcdomain, Apr 12, 2003.

1. dcdomain

dcdomain Diamond Member

So my friend got hit in football today, trying to find him an affordable place to get X-Rays. Pain isn't too bad, but my friends and I want to make sure he's okay. Does anyone know of an affordable place in Pittsburgh? If not, what exactly do I search for in Google?

Thanks!

2. HappyPuppy

HappyPuppy Lifer

I don't know about Pittsburgh, but in California if you walk into any hospital emergency room they have to treat you whether you have insurance/$ or not. You may have to wait a few hours if they don't deem you to be critical, but you will be treated.

3. AndrewR

AndrewR Lifer

Run down to the airport and take a ride through the screening machine?

4. Spencer278

Spencer278 Diamond Member

Of course the emergency room is the cheepest place to get a X-ray done

5. SuperTool

SuperTool Lifer

Why do you want to get an X-Ray? Did he break some bones or something? Cus if it's brain damage or something, an X-Ray isn't gonna cut it.

6. dcdomain

dcdomain Diamond Member

Leg, heard something snap... but he's being a tough guy and not admitting it...

7. jarfykk

jarfykk Senior member

The snap may have been a bone, or a musle going, or a joint getting the hec tweaked out of it. It might be broken if it swells, hurts like a biyatch, and any movement is painful. I would call a local clinic (yellow pages list them under hosptials and/or clinics) and see what they charge. Shouldn't be more than $150 for X-Ray, reading, and basic treatment (if not broken).

Good luck.

8. narzy

narzy Elite Member

yank on the leg, if he screems in pain go to the hospital, or better yet find an urgent care clinic their fairly inexpensive. if not he's fine. worst thing you could do is pop his knee back into joint if thats the problem without pain killers....

9. dcdomain

dcdomain Diamond Member