Places that offer electronic distribution of games? Legally.

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
I want Rainbow Six Vegas but don't want to deal with the DVD and waiting for shipping and stuff.

Any (cheapish) places I can go that offer games in downloadable format?

Dorkenstein

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2004
Well, there's Direct2Drive but I don't really care for the service, others have had success.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
d2d is pretty decent, ubi and EA have digital stores. i think Gamestop now offers digital downloads.

I think gamespot and gogamer do as well.

Apr 17, 2005
steam just got ubisoft games on there. so far its just SC and FarCry but the notice said that other games would be on soon. i like steam a lot so personally i'd wait for it to show up on steam.

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
Do you know if these electronic distribution methods allow for selling of the game after you're done with it?

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: fuzzybabybunny
Do you know if these electronic distribution methods allow for selling of the game after you're done with it?

None of them will allow you to sell the game, and selling your account is against the TOS as well, AFAIK.

tuteja1986

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2005
I do buy games on steam :! But i still stick to DVD when i can, reason is when you buy game on steam , your sign a digital contract stating that game is only your untill steam is in business :! after valve goes banrkcrupt... your games are no more playable since steam server ain't no more.

So you may think "VALVE is too big and smart to go broke"... I will say "They offer , they rise and fall, crashing down to debt of doom"