Place your bets!! Will I be crunching during the holidays?

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
What do you all think the chances of all my crunchers staying alive during the holidays?

I'm leaving tonight for 2 weeks and am planning on leaving my 3 machines at home going and my work machine crunching.

P3 600 crunching and running my seti queue (on a UPS)
AMD 2600 crunching (on UPS)
P4 1.6 crunching (no UPS)

My work machine (p4 1.8) I have a feeling will get turned off by some hippie here who thinks it shouldn't be wasting electricity. I only manually upload my results from work early in the morning (they don't want me doing it any other time) so I set my seti driver cache to 50 units.

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Well, if you know Murphy like I know Murphy, chances are that something will happen. ;)

But I'm betting all your crunchers will stay up and operational, and Mr Hippie gets interested in something else and forgets about the work cruncher. :D

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Pay the kid next door to come check them every day!!! That's what you'd do with your dog, right??? ;)

Overkiller

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2003
I would trust the kid next door with my dog but not my rigs! At least if he did anything to my dog my dog could eat him..but think of the rigs..think of the rigs!!!!!

Tarca

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2001
Well I would say chances are good they will stay up if you go purchase one more ups. On the other hand if Atlanta has an ice storm then we are in trouble... :D

titanmiller

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2003
I bet they all will stay running. I use one of my computers over 4 hours per day and I still can achieve 2 weeks of uptime.