Pixelated problem with MSI 8800GT and HDTV

nboy22

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2002
I've been using some .MKV container files and displaying them on my 720P/1080i Phillips Ambilight 37" HDTV. Now I used to have an ATI 9800 Pro in my last computer with a VGA and a DVI output, DVI running to the TV and VGA running to my DEll 2001fp montor. This displayed perfectly, crisp, clean, clear image on the TV using a 720P MKV file playing in VLC player.

Now, I just built my new computer which has an MSI 8800 GT OC 512 MB. It has dual DVI so I have one running to the Dell 2001fp and the other as secondary to the 720P/1080i Phillips Ambilight 37" HDTV. My problem is that now the 720P mkv file is very pixelated and not as crisp as it should be.

Are there any certain settings that I should change on the Nvidia control panel to fix this issue? Any recommendations? I have tried adjusting it to "format to 720P source" and also changing the refresh rate from 30hz to 60hz and there seems to be no change.

I'm not at home right now but I might take some pictures later if they actually show the problem well. I'd like to get that crisp clean picture back!

Thanks!