Pitt vs Pitt: Se7en vs 12 Monkeys

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Which do you think was the better movie (even though Pitt wasn't really the star of 12 Monkeys). They were both frighteningly dark and both very good movies IMHO. I think I liked Se7en better...12 Monkeys just caught me up in a neverending loop of confusion;)

IcemanJer

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2001
Seven kicked ass. Pitt wasn't particularly good in it, but him paired up with Morgan Freeman... awesome.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: IcemanJer
Seven kicked ass. Pitt wasn't particularly good in it, but him paired up with Morgan Freeman... awesome.

I swear that Morgan Freeman can make almost any movie look good :D

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: NFS4

Unfortunately he couldn't save Along Came a Spider or Chain Reaction. ;)

Se7en was my favorite of the 2, but it's a close call.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: werk

At least Chain Reaction had Rachel Weiss in it though :D

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
While the scene where Brad Pitt shows Bruce Willis around the ward in 12 Monkeys is one of my ALL-TIME favorite scenes in a movie, I think Se7en is the overall better film.

Brad Pitt in Fight Club or Snatch rules both, though. :)

Codewiz

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2002
12 Monkeys was the movie that changed my mind about Brad Pitt. When he first started acting I really didn't like anything he did. Although I did like Se7en also. 12 Monkeys was a great example of how good an actor Pitt is.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: hammer09
Seven kicked ass.

It had Paltrow and Spacey in it too before they were famous.

Actually, Spacey was pretty popular by the time Se7en came out.

From IMDB:

The producers intended that Kevin Spacey should receive top billing at the start of the movie but he insisted that his name not appear in the opening credits, so as to surprise the audience with the identity of the killer. To compensate, he is listed first in the closing credits.

IcemanJer

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2001
Originally posted by: pulse8
From IMDB:

The producers intended that Kevin Spacey should receive top billing at the start of the movie but he insisted that his name not appear in the opening credits, so as to surprise the audience with the identity of the killer. To compensate, he is listed first in the closing credits.
Goes to show he has a real respect for the art and not just for the fame.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: pulse8
From IMDB:

Goes to show he has a real respect for the art and not just for the fame.

Yep, he is one of my FAVORITE actors. Nicholsan & Spacey are my favorites. Check out this excerpt from his bio on IMDB:

There are, however, certain biographical facts to be had--for starters, Kevin Spacey Fowler was the youngest of three children born to Thomas and Kathleen Fowler in South Orange, New Jersey. His mother was a personal secretary, his father a technical writer whose irregular job prospects led the family all over the country. They eventually settled in southern California, where young Kevin developed into quite a little hellion--after he set his sister's tree house on fire, he was shipped off to the Northridge Military Academy, only to be thrown out a few months later for pinging a classmate on the head with a tire.

HEHE :D

idNut

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by: werk

Morgan Freeman is a fantastic actor and we need more upright guys like him who are or seem to be very knowledgable. Se7en was fantastic but I can't say I've seen 12 monkeys. I loved se7en for a few of its lines like:

"What sick ridiculous puppets we are and what a gross little stange were on. What fun we have, dancing and fvcking, not knowing that we are nothing. We are not what was intended"