Pitbull sodomizes 2yr old

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 23, 2000
It's a horrible thing to happen, but couldn't the guy have used a better choice of words?:
"neighbors held the dog and beat it off..."

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: us3rnotfound
Originally posted by: Gnrslash4life
I personally own a potbellied pig and i would bet he could beat the crap out of a pitbull.

LOL, WHAT!!!?

Old girlfriend's parents had a potbellied too. Definitely mean mofos.

CatKillaZ

Banned
Jul 9, 2007
It could be. It would be ignorant of me to argue with you with no personal experience of pitbulls. There are not many dogs/animals I would trust alone with a 2 yr old

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I personally own a potbellied pig and i would bet he could beat the crap out of a pitbull.

LOL, WHAT!!!?

wouldnt surpise me.

can't some of those pigs get pretty big and mean (granted not as big as a other kinds of pigs)?

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: MrChad
Originally posted by: The Cornballer
everyone i8 ever knew who owned a pitbull was either:
wanna be mafioso.
wanna be dmx
a prick.
and a pussy.

Yup. Pitbull owners are more likely to have criminal backgrounds.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15755870/

Studies of pitbulls have found that, as a breed, they are no more aggressive than other "docile" breeds such as beagles and bearded collies.

http://www.newyorker.com/archi...06/02/06/060206fa_fact

DMX made them a status symbol for "gangsters". The funny thing is DMX loved his dogs and didn't use them for fighting. He actually has his (i believe) first dog that passed away tattooed entirely on his back.

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Turin39789
wanna be mafioso.
wanna be dmx
a prick.
and a pussy.

I don't know anyone who is a :

"wanna be mafioso.
wanna be dmx
a prick.
and a pussy."

pit owners or not. I guess I just don't hang around that type.

But the people I know who own pits:

a few families
some female college students
and young couples

very sweet dogs, came from the shelter I volunteer at.

ya, they are really just an honest to goodness family dog.
:laugh:

The can make a very good family dog, they've saved a number of families that have been attacked, alerted them to fires and are used as service dogs.

by all means, have them be YOUR family dog.
well stick with our pug.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: waggy

LOL, WHAT!!!?

wouldnt surpise me.

can't some of those pigs get pretty big and mean (granted not as big as a other kinds of pigs)?

pit vs. warthog. now that's one mean mf pig!

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: MrChad
wanna be mafioso.
wanna be dmx
a prick.
and a pussy.

Yup. Pitbull owners are more likely to have criminal backgrounds.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15755870/

Studies of pitbulls have found that, as a breed, they are no more aggressive than other "docile" breeds such as beagles and bearded collies.

http://www.newyorker.com/archi...06/02/06/060206fa_fact

:)

glad to see a renewed interest in this topic, and that there are now more people that approach this logically (or at least choose to post about it). I had a spirited debate on this topic several months back, and posted the link to Gladwell's article--which takes a more rational perspective on the very same data that the media and anti-pit crowd use to trump up the slander against the breed.

that being said...I still wouldn't own one (never was a fan of the breed anyway).

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
My favorite is the weiner dog, but going back to the topic, this could've happened with any breed. I feel really bad for the kid :(

RU482

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
this is darwin at his finest. If you're dumb enough to have a pitbull as a pet when you have small children, then you'd better treat that dog like a swimming pool and not let your kids around it without your supervision

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: redly1
this is darwin at his finest. If you're dumb enough to have a pitbull as a pet when you have small children, then you'd better treat that dog like a swimming pool and not let your kids around it without your supervision

swimming pools don't kill people. It's how you train them!

[before Josh has an aneurysm]
I JOKE!!! I JOKE!!!

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
Originally posted by: ThePresence
This has nothing to do with pitbulls, it has to do with training. Pitbulls by nature are warm, cuddly pets. Some idiots train them to be aggressive. This post was sarcasm.

I've actually known pitbull mixes that were excellent family dogs. A little protective, but never agressive. I've seen the same with pincers and with ger. shepards. If you don't train it, you get a bad dog. Ive also seen little toy dogs that were incredibly missbehaving and agressive. It is all in the training.

funkbass81

Apr 4, 2006
you're a douchebag. hopefully after the owners find out what you did, they'll cut you up too

edit: this is what i get for not hitting the quote button.

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
um, to clear up a few things -

German Sheppards do have the most attacks per year - but they are a far more common dog than Pitbulls.

Pitbulls have been bred to have an extremely powerful bite, and without proper training, are the most dangerous dog because of that.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: funkbass81
you're a douchebag. hopefully after the owners find out what you did, they'll cut you up too

You still have me lost.

funkbass81

Apr 4, 2006
Originally posted by: Homerboy
Originally posted by: funkbass81

You still have me lost.

that reply was for cornballer. i didn't hit the quote button the first time.+

hiromizu

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Originally posted by: Josh
The American Temperament Test Society seeks to evaluate the temperaments of dogs using a standardized test. They have a description of the test that details the situations that they put dogs in. Now, there are obviously some issues with the tests, such as judgment of the judges, the relative excitability of each dog when undergoing a test (they know something is going on), and the type of person to submit their dog to such a test probably thinks that their dog is fairly well-behaved.

They also list the percentage of dogs that pass and fail the tests based on breed. Well, your friendly neighborhood SayUncle compiled the data (available by clicking the more link below) and discovered that based on relative temperament as percentage of pass or fail, pit bulls came in 116th out 202 breeds for having bad temperaments. A Dachshund has a worse temperament according to ATTS than a pit bull. In fact, a pit bull is comparable (scoring slightly better) in temperament to a golden retriever.

http://www.atts.org/statistics.html

Here's the difference: When a Golden Retriever DOES go crazy, it might bark loudly and or make some aggressive moves in extreme cases. A pitbull will maul someone. I'm not saying they are prone to flipping out, but when they do it's dangerous.

Yea and the pitbulls in Japan are like the Real Ultimate Power Ninjas. They flip out and kill people ALL the time and not think twice about it.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Agree that much of it is in the training. I've heard of lots of pit bull owners who've had 'perfect', well-behaved dogs. However, like others have mentioned, just take a look at many/most pit bull owners. They get them for their violent/dangerous reputation cause it's cool, and will probably train it as such. They aren't exactly what I'd call cute dogs (little/no fur), so for some maybe that's their thing, for most people, the dangerous reputation wins them over. I doubt many people who get golden retrievers are the 'bad-ass' type considering its cutesy reputation.

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
wanna be mafioso.
wanna be dmx
a prick.
and a pussy.

I don't know anyone who is a :

"wanna be mafioso.
wanna be dmx
a prick.
and a pussy."

pit owners or not. I guess I just don't hang around that type.

But the people I know who own pits:

a few families
some female college students
and young couples

very sweet dogs, came from the shelter I volunteer at.

ya, they are really just an honest to goodness family dog.
:laugh:

The can make a very good family dog, they've saved a number of families that have been attacked, alerted them to fires and are used as service dogs.

by all means, have them be YOUR family dog.
well stick with our pug.

I don't have a family yet, but we're planning on one and we'll probably end up with a pit from the pound one day. My fiancee and I volunteer there and foster kittens and puppies. She's fallen in love with a few pits but we just can't accomadate any more.

Right now we have a full house, 3 dogs - a yorkie, a chow mutt and a great dane. The great dane was a rescue, given up by his owners after having him for 1.5 years. He was very agressive when we got him and it was obvious some abuse had occurred; he still leaves the room cowering any time I put on/take off my belt. He's always been sweet with us but he bit my sister shortly after we got him, thankfully it wasn't too hard and it was through a jacket on her arm and just left a (large)bruise.

After a year of settling into our house he is much quieter and a real sweatheart. We still take it slow when introducing new people to him, but he's basically chilled out agression-wise although he still has a lot of energy and can get rowdy. Then again Danes are known for their sweet and gentle temperaments, but thats what happens when you beat them with a belt.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Just saying Pitbull is sort of like saying a Ford is the fastest car.

The main problem with the class of dogs is too many wannabe and real gangster/trash people buying them for the image of having a 'bad dog'. They treat the animals rough, encourage them to go after other animals, etc. Many that own this breed actively pit them against another pit bull for money. Not always to the death, but sometimes. It's these dogs and their owners ruining it for everyone.

Almost any dangerous dog will be fine around it's owner. The adage don't bite the hand that feeds you is pretty well known in the animal kingdom.

Many of the pitbulls that people end up with come from lines that have been bred to be fighter types/attack dogs. Attack dogs make for terrible pets....what most people should choose is a watch dog. Attack dogs are dangerous to the neighborhoods around them.

We have a 'animal rights' person in my neighborhood that owns a pit bull and swears in one breath it's the sweetest most docile pet, then in another brags how it mauled a raccoon or possum or attacked another dog in their yard (usually the front yard where it roams off a leash). She prides herself that it barks the neighborhood 'racial slurs' off "her sidewalk" and onto the sidewalk on the other side of the street.

Some great pet...an accident waiting to happen and to give more fear into the breed.

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Josh
The American Temperament Test Society seeks to evaluate the temperaments of dogs using a standardized test. They have a description of the test that details the situations that they put dogs in. Now, there are obviously some issues with the tests, such as judgment of the judges, the relative excitability of each dog when undergoing a test (they know something is going on), and the type of person to submit their dog to such a test probably thinks that their dog is fairly well-behaved.

They also list the percentage of dogs that pass and fail the tests based on breed. Well, your friendly neighborhood SayUncle compiled the data (available by clicking the more link below) and discovered that based on relative temperament as percentage of pass or fail, pit bulls came in 116th out 202 breeds for having bad temperaments. A Dachshund has a worse temperament according to ATTS than a pit bull. In fact, a pit bull is comparable (scoring slightly better) in temperament to a golden retriever.

http://www.atts.org/statistics.html

Here's the difference: When a Golden Retriever DOES go crazy, it might bark loudly and or make some aggressive moves in extreme cases. A pitbull will maul someone. I'm not saying they are prone to flipping out, but when they do it's dangerous.

O rly?
Max The Dog Put Down After Mauling Another Child

'"On arrival, we had a 7-year-old male suffering from severe facial and skull lacerations as a result of the bite to the left side of his head and skull," said police Sgt. David Schepis. "He was talking, he was responsive but it appeared that the child was in great pain."

Police said the boy was rushed by ambulance to Waterbury Hospital. He was badly mauled and will need extensive cosmetic surgery'

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
We have a female pit, fixed. Got her @6 months of age from neighbor's son who was going to bring her to
the pound. Recently she has shown some signs of aggression (growling) at strangers when I walk her, she
is now 2 yrs. old. The dog adores me and my wife but I'm afraid I might have to have her put down if this
continues. We have tried to socialize her as much as possible but it's difficult as no one wants to get near
a pit. I am heartbroken about what I must consider doing, we always have her on a leash and she is basically
a housedog but we're afraid she might get out and at someone one day......