Pissed off pimp Vs. Karate expert

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: paulxcook
Oldie but a goodie. I wonder if there's some nerve right along the neck/behind the ear. That's where it looks like he hit the pimp. Either way, always worth another watch :D.

it is easyer to knock someone out if you hit right under the ear. it does not take as forcefull of a blow as it would hitting them in teh face.

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
That was pure beauty. He feigned as if he was going to clock him with his right, and then the left came out of nowhere. No one could have seen that coming. It was cold, methodical, and perfectly executed. Bravo.

chari

Oct 14, 2004
I think he used the least amount of effort possible to drop someone like nothing. The best part was him walking away acting like he does it on a daily basis.

:thumbsup: Hilarious.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: BD2003
That was pure beauty. He feigned as if he was going to clock him with his right, and then the left came out of nowhere. No one could have seen that coming. It was cold, methodical, and perfectly executed. Bravo.
I didnt see him fake with his right, I think that was just part of his stance.

MrWizzard

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
Oldie but a goodie. I wonder if there's some nerve right along the neck/behind the ear. That's where it looks like he hit the pimp. Either way, always worth another watch :D.

Yes there is one right in the location he hit at, if you can hit that spot it will take someone down, but it isn't easy to hit.

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
Originally posted by: MrWizzard

Yes there is one right in the location he hit at, if you can hit that spot it will take someone down, but it isn't easy to hit.

Looked like a backfist to the temple to me. Left hand too, good strike.

Rapidskies

Golden Member
May 27, 2003
I thinks he should have gave a warnings of somekind first instead of attacking and UNARMED MAN IN BROAD DAYSLIGHT it smells of cowardicness on the cheap shot karate guys part. I would be suing if I was the innocence bystander.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Rapidskies
I thinks he should have gave a warnings of somekind first instead of attacking and UNARMED MAN IN BROAD DAYSLIGHT it smells of cowardicness on the cheap shot karate guys part. I would be suing if I was the innocence bystander.
WTF? The guy charged right him in a rage! Wtf was he supposed to do? Innocent bystander?

I am going to assume this is sarcasm.

blackdogdeek

Lifer
Mar 14, 2003
Originally posted by: ThePresence
WTF? The guy charged right him in a rage! Wtf was he supposed to do? Innocent bystander?

i agree. if someone came at me in such a manner i would assume the person intended to do bodily harm and would defend myself as such.

also, how do you know the karate guy DIDN'T give a warning? there is no audio that i can discern in that vid.

Rapidskies

Golden Member
May 27, 2003
Originally posted by: blackdogdeek
Originally posted by: ThePresence

i agree. if someone came at me in such a manner i would assume the person intended to do bodily harm and would defend myself as such.

also, how do you know the karate guy DIDN'T give a warning? there is no audio that i can discern in that vid.

I dont think a person armed with LETHAL WEAPONS should attack a victim if the victim has not retaliated at his person yet. When karate kids was defending his honor he took much damage from from the cobra clans before he dispensed justices. In cases such as this you have to ASSUME they are coming to discuss the issues instead of ASSUMING they are coming to fights. We live in a civilan societies these days not societies of conans.

Jan 28, 2006
In cases such as this you have to ASSUME they are coming to discuss the issues instead of ASSUMING they are coming to fights. We live in a civilan societies these days not societies of conans.

What dream world do you live in?

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
Everytime I watch this, I wonder how he was able to deliver that much force from that far back and at such an awkward angle.

TitanDiddly

Dec 8, 2003
Originally posted by: judasmachine
Originally posted by: OVERKILL
That was great, that piece of trash pimp deserved much more of a beating than that. :thumbsup:

I agree, but apparently it only took the one punch. Why waste the energy.

Correction: One ridge hand strike.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: sygyzy
Everytime I watch this, I wonder how he was able to deliver that much force from that far back and at such an awkward angle.

His stance. He pivots on his left foot, swinging his right leg slighty. Tons of force there, effectively using your entire body to deliver the blow.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

heh the guy was not fighting the lady to go over to talk. he wanted to fight the guy.

WE can hear if he gave warnings but i am willing to bet he did.

it was not cheap s hot or cowardness.

blackdogdeek

Lifer
Mar 14, 2003
Originally posted by: TitanDiddly
That was great, that piece of trash pimp deserved much more of a beating than that. :thumbsup:

Correction: One ridge hand strike.

actually, ridge hand is the inside edge of the hand (four fingers extended and thumb tucked in striking with the edge of the pointy finger). this looks more like a backhand or hammerfist or regular chop or even a forearm.

LtPage1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2004

the best part was how he stood there in a ready stance for like a second and a half, saw the guy wasn't getting up on his own, shrugged and walked away. :laugh: