PIPO X6S - Cherry Trail Z8300, 4GB, 64GB, SATA, dual ethernet, AC wifi, $200 preorder

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/PIPO...Dual-RJ45-SATA-HDMI-1080P---Black-361890.html

Not going to ship until the 15th (it's a pre-order).

What intrigues me about this mini-PC, is the SATA slot on the bottom, for a laptop drive. If you can boot off of it, and bypass the onboard eMMC, then you could, in theory, get Win7 to install on this thing. With 4GB RAM, and being the CHT platform, I would hope that this would have a 64-bit UEFI. Even better would be CSM support, and PS/2 keyboard / mouse emulation (since the xHCI controller for the USB ports on CHT is not supported natively by Win7, this needs to be worked around).

ashmah24

Jul 7, 2017
I own Pipo X6s for more than a year now. Recently the device have started showing up issues, like it wont boot at all. Has anyone notice this issue or have any suggestions to fix this issue please share.

Not sure if this is a right place to ask this question, I am new to this forum and didn't find place to create a new post. Please advice if wrong.

Thanks