Pink/Green Artifacts in BF4

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
I am overclocking my old GTX 660 TI +540Mhz memory and tested it with as good as any game or benchmark out there since I have it.

This issue ONLY appears with BF4 - and then there only occasionally. Typically, I might play an hour or two...and then the game freezes, display driver crashes and I have pink/green artifacts on the screen. My temps for the card are fine. (70C max).

I have no issue whatsoever in any other game.

The problem is I don't really know how to test whether the artifacts are related to overclocking. I can run furmark or whatever test and don't see a problem. Also...when I turn down my memory overclock, say, 40 mhz less or so..chances are also that after two hours I get a freeze and the pink/green checkerboard. Is this maybe a problem more with BF4 than with my card? (I am using the latest drivers and BIOS for the card of course). How could I methodically test this?

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Some games more sensitive to OC'ing than others. What happens when your memory is at stock? If no artifacts or freezing then you know whats causing it and you may have to redo your OC at lower clocks.

MaStErGeEk420

Mar 4, 2015
You may want to make sure both BF4 and your GPU both have updated software. And I don't see it happening with a GPU that new but with some old GPU's they get bad artifacts in most new games.

Face2Face

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2001
I am overclocking my old GTX 660 TI +540Mhz memory and tested it with as good as any game or benchmark out there since I have it.

This issue ONLY appears with BF4 - and then there only occasionally. Typically, I might play an hour or two...and then the game freezes, display driver crashes and I have pink/green artifacts on the screen. My temps for the card are fine. (70C max).

I have no issue whatsoever in any other game.

The problem is I don't really know how to test whether the artifacts are related to overclocking. I can run furmark or whatever test and don't see a problem. Also...when I turn down my memory overclock, say, 40 mhz less or so..chances are also that after two hours I get a freeze and the pink/green checkerboard. Is this maybe a problem more with BF4 than with my card? (I am using the latest drivers and BIOS for the card of course). How could I methodically test this?

Typically if you see checker board artifacts it's usually your video memory. I would dial down the memory OC, or even run the memory at stock and test again. Don't use Furmark, it's terrible any way you look at it. I would try loading up the Unigine Heaven benchmark and let it loop @ Max settings.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Set your memory back to stock and those should go away. Then start going up in increments. BF4 stresses vram pretty heavily, especially when you only have 2GB, requires loading and unloading a lot more than when you have 3-4.