Pina colada burgers?

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I had an idea to make "pina colada burgers". I was looking for ideas on ways to implement this, or if anyone has ever done it before.

I got some shredded coconut, I was going to mix that in with the ground beef before I formed the patties.

I also have pineapple rounds that I was going to grill with the burgers and then add to the toppings.

Think it would be good?

Eli

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: TruePaige
Are..Are you high?

Hippy Icon, Crazy munchie food...just saying =)
:laugh:

I've just trying to think of odd, but potentially good burgers to grill up..

The other day I made sweet 'n sour burgers.. mixed some yummy sweet and sour sauce into the meat. It was good.. made them very juicy.

I could also use drained crushed pineapple and mix it into the meat with the coconut, but I thought grilling the rounds might be better.

timosyy

Golden Member
Dec 19, 2003
I wasn't expecting much when I opened this thread but that sounds strangely tasty. I couldn't advise on how the juices would mix chemically and whether or not that would just throw the taste crazy or not though.

Narse

Moderator<br>Computer Help
Mar 14, 2000
Sounds intersting, let us know how it works out :D

Eli

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: timosyy
I wasn't expecting much when I opened this thread but that sounds strangely tasty. I couldn't advise on how the juices would mix chemically and whether or not that would just throw the taste crazy or not though.
Yeah, I don't know. Citrus is supposed to tenderize meat tho isnt it?

Chronoshock

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
I don't know about the coconut shavings, they're really fibrous and tend to be hard to chew. You could try making a glaze with cream of coconut/coconut milk, it would definitely add more flavor than just shavings too

Juno

Lifer
Jul 3, 2004
you are not that crazy. i created my own signature burger while ago, an orange burger. now i'm looking forward to try pineapple burger...

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006
Originally posted by: Eli
Originally posted by: TruePaige
Are..Are you high?

Hippy Icon, Crazy munchie food...just saying =)
:laugh:

I've just trying to think of odd, but potentially good burgers to grill up..

The other day I made sweet 'n sour burgers.. mixed some yummy sweet and sour sauce into the meat. It was good.. made them very juicy.

I could also use drained crushed pineapple and mix it into the meat with the coconut, but I thought grilling the rounds might be better.

Hehe, if I can make a suggestion instead of topping with pineapple, use pineapple juice to create marinade in the meat.

It sounds delicious to me.

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Originally posted by: Chronoshock
I don't know about the coconut shavings, they're really fibrous and tend to be hard to chew. You could try making a glaze with cream of coconut/coconut milk, it would definitely add more flavor than just shavings too

that's a VERY good idea, that way you can have a dressing and a topping. And that does sound strangely delicious.

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
I'll pay pal you 1000 dollars if you can honestly say you weren't drunk or stoned when you thought of this.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
Originally posted by: Eli
Originally posted by: timosyy
Yeah, I don't know. Citrus is supposed to tenderize meat tho isnt it?

Pineapple tenderizes meat. Use it in the marinade.

I'd do without the coconut, but that's my personal opinion.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
I'm pretty sure pineapple grills up well, so you could top the burgers after you flip them.

You know, I really can't stand this guy (Rob Rainford), but the stuff he makes has me licking the screen of my TV.

The other day he made a herbed cream cheese, slathered it on squash and then grilled it. It looked so good.