Pilot program at the border finds nearly 1/3 of suspected fraudulent "families" at southern border are made up of members that are not related.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Glad some sources are running with this. Mainstream leftist news avoiding telling the truth.

I still want to know where these "DNA tests" are being performed, whose doing them, at whose expense, and why.

lol--this actually sounds like pure bullshit. ask me why.

Reactions: Meghan54

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I saw a spidey thread and was expecting a spectacular fail...

Not disappointed!

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
Do you think separating 100% of families seeking asylum and attempting to shut down asylum seekers entirely is an appropriate response to the human trafficking problem?

Of course it is, we should be able to sell their children just for seeking asylum in our country. If they cross illegally they should be shot on site, women and children included. Afterall they aren't really Mericans they're filthy Mexican speakers and have no rights.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Exactly, yet folks around here continue to engage him as if he was here for honest conversation/debate rather than to spread propaganda/lies and troll the 'libtards'. <shrug>

Honestly though, its like shooting fish in a barrel. Its just too easy to school him and soo tempting, like stealing candy from a baby.

Nov 25, 2013
Honestly though, its like shooting fish in a barrel. Its just too easy to school him and soo tempting, like stealing candy from a baby.

It doesn't "school him" because he doesn't give a shit. He's here to push the party line and troll, generally combining the two. He doesn't care what you or any other 'liberal' has to say.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
It doesn't "school him" because he doesn't give a shit. He's here to push the party line and troll, generally combining the two. He doesn't care what you or any other 'liberal' has to say.

Of course it has zero affect on him but it can be an ego boost to others. Have you ever encountered a douche who thought they were hot shit and you take them down a peg? That's what its like when having a "discussion" with slow, he's a douche that people love bitch slapping;)

Reactions: pmv and DarthKyrie

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Enjoying watching the levels you guys will go to in an effort to spin the facts. I'll remember this thread and how you don't care about human trafficking, you care about the stories the Democrats tell you to care about and when they tell you. In this case, human trafficking doesn't matter, because feelings.

Reactions: Luna1968

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
LOL, you follow that conspiratard.

Everything makes sense now...

It’s funny that Spidey has repeatedly mentioned he watches that guy, a fucking 9/11 truther.

Remember though he’s not insane, the rest of us are because we aren’t watching truthers.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
It’s funny that Spidey has repeatedly mentioned he watches that guy, a fucking 9/11 truther.

Remember though he’s not insane, the rest of us are because we aren’t watching truthers.

Trutherism is just the start of Dice's insanity.
He's an Illuminutty believer.
Christian persecution conspiracist
Q-Anon/Pizzagate/America is full of sex slaves
The "left" wants to exterminate Christians/bring communism/end white people/make you gay

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016
This thread is a case study in the most intelligent poster in P&N proving that truth isn't truth. What a good boy. He has been sufficiently trained to carry pails of water. It will be a shame when he realizes that is all he will ever be good for.

Edit: I guess I am an optimist. An alternate, perhaps more realistic version, of my last sentence: It will be a shame if he realizes that is all he will ever be good for.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
https://thefederalistpapers.org/opi...stunning-number-migrants-trafficking-children

https://www.theepochtimes.com/30-pe...es-were-unrelated-dna-tests-show_2928316.html

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ed-fraudulent-migrant-families-were-unrelated

This is why Obama and Trump were separating families at the border to process, and should still be doing so today. Too bad the bitch made leftists whined about their feels. They've only helped enable human trafficking, nice job liberals.

It's a pretty safe bet that the newborn sucking on a tit is related to the woman providing the milk. No need to rip it off and starve the infant.

Feb 4, 2009

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
[QUOTE="SlowSpyder, post: 39842449, member: 157971"Enjoying watching the levels you guys will go to in an effort to spin the facts. I'll remember this thread and how you don't care about human trafficking, you care about the stories the Democrats tell you to care about and when they tell you. In this case, human trafficking doesn't matter, because feelings.[/QUOTE]

ohhh, the ironing.

you're spinning so fast you make others dizzy.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Enjoying watching the levels you guys will go to in an effort to spin the facts. I'll remember this thread and how you don't care about human trafficking, you care about the stories the Democrats tell you to care about and when they tell you. In this case, human trafficking doesn't matter, because feelings.

We don't care about human trafficking because it is practically non-existent, and when it is found it is almost always consensual. They myth of people being kidnapped and brought into the US as slaves is almost completely made up by alarmists. Despite us spending literally tens of billions of dollars on this we have found extremely few actually trafficked people, and of those almost every one of them entered into intentional indentured servitude in order to get smuggled into the US.

If you actually cared about human trafficking you would care about making it easier to get into the US legally, then they would not have to sell themselves into slavery to do so.

Then, beyond that, this study says NOTHING about trafficking. The 'non-related' families are much more likely to be real families that happen to not be blood related. Families tend to be much more loosely connected in countries with histories of violence and poor medical than it does in the US.
So, of that percentage of people that they suspect to be non-blood related, some percentage of them will be real families, some percentage of them will be pretending to be real families to game the system, and almost none of them will be traffickers.

This simply is not a method to go about catching traffickers because it's false positive rate will be thousands of times higher than it's true positive.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
We don't care about human trafficking because it is practically non-existent, and when it is found it is almost always consensual. They myth of people being kidnapped and brought into the US as slaves is almost completely made up by alarmists. Despite us spending literally tens of billions of dollars on this we have found extremely few actually trafficked people, and of those almost every one of them entered into intentional indentured servitude in order to get smuggled into the US.

If you actually cared about human trafficking you would care about making it easier to get into the US legally, then they would not have to sell themselves into slavery to do so.

Then, beyond that, this study says NOTHING about trafficking. The 'non-related' families are much more likely to be real families that happen to not be blood related. Families tend to be much more loosely connected in countries with histories of violence and poor medical than it does in the US.
So, of that percentage of people that they suspect to be non-blood related, some percentage of them will be real families, some percentage of them will be pretending to be real families to game the system, and almost none of them will be traffickers.

This simply is not a method to go about catching traffickers because it's false positive rate will be thousands of times higher than it's true positive.

The hilarity is this:

Virtually every human trafficking charge and conviction over the last 3 years in the US has been tied to GOP supporters or operatives.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...tenced-15-years-child-sex-trafficking-n910516

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...x-trafficking-case-florida-solved/3048361002/

https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...florida-spa-busted-prostitution-report-2019-3

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/23/us/robert-kraft-trafficking-florida.html

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...iven-20-years-in-prison-for-human-trafficking

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/02/alexander-acosta-jeffrey-epstein-plea-deal

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...man-trafficking-prostitution-ring/2956107002/

https://www.klfy.com/news/local/lou...aide-arrested-on-pandering-charges/1789720097

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
I haven't really read this thread, but I had to laugh at the title. "1/3 of SUSPECTED fraudulent families" doesn't add up to a lot if few family were suspected of being fraudulent to begin with. I'm sure whomever wrote it was hoping it'd be misread as 1/3 of those coming over the boarder are smuggling in stolen children to do so.

Mar 11, 2004
I haven't really read this thread, but I had to laugh at the title. "1/3 of SUSPECTED fraudulent families" doesn't add up to a lot if few family were suspected of being fraudulent to begin with. I'm sure whomever wrote it was hoping it'd be misread as 1/3 of those coming over the boarder are smuggling in stolen children to do so.

That summarizes the thread pretty much. OP deliberately tried to make it seem like 1/3 of people trying to cross the border are part of some hugely nefarious human trafficking (with a heavily implied child sex trafficking lean to how he was portraying it). Turns out the government officials (put in place by these fucking Republican clowns) really suck at singling out people to accuse of not being related so 2/3rds of the ones they accuse of it are found to actually be related, such that about 0.5% of the total people going through their processing are found to not be related.

That was established within the first 4 posts of the thread, most of the rest is just people calling the OP an idiot and him popping in to throw more trash links (that I doubt he's even read or watched) and him desperately trying to redirect it into "OMG the human trafficking!" because he's only capable of thinking in FUD.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

He's always big on demonizing illegals & asylum seekers, pretty much surfing on Trump's wake to do it. A lot of Americans, particularly self styled conservatives, had shitty attitudes about it all before Trump turned the volume up to 11. Dickishness is a virtue & a fashion statement for all too many of them.

Anybody who thinks migrants are a problem for us might want to try taking a look at it from the other side. Try to imagine living in a situation where you're driven to chucking it all, scooping up your little kids & braving 1500 miles of bullshit to take a chance on America, praying desperately that we'll take you in.

That's their reality. They'll keep coming so long as they have reason to do so, bet on that. The stupid fucking wall won't stop them, either.

Maybe we need to do a reality check. Hell- we've enabled weak, corrupt govts in the northern triangle since forever because American business profits from it & because commies & shit. Meanwhile, we sent them LA gang culture & corrupt narco dollars.

Migrants? That's our own policy coming around to bite us in the ass.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
So, if less than 1% of gun owners murder people, and less than 1% of guns are ever used to harm, than you lefties are fine with that, right? I mean, 2/3 is the magic line in the sand, amirite?

You just conflated human slaughter with suspected unlawful immigration.

Slime.