Piggie Preggers = FAT KIDDIES!! lol new study says **** womens cravings!

L

Lola

very interesting...
I know dr's say a woman should never deprive herself, but i know a ton of women that are preggers think that being that way is a free ticket to eat just food.

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
The article doesn't really mention when the onset of overeating occurs.

Both my wife and I over-ate during her pregnancies but if I could get either of my boys to eat a bowl of cereal for breakfast or sandwich for lunch I would consider it a minor triumph.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
My wife craved green beans and corn when she was pregnant with our first child. Very odd but he came out liking veggies so I can't complain.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
OB/GYN Doc told my wife that expecting mothers really only need another 300 calories a day. Most of it in protein(70 grams a day instead of 50). That's not really that much extra. A big glass of milk and a serving of cottage cheese will work fine.

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
I wonder if they were able to cleanly separate the genetic bias (which both mother and child would share) when it comes to eating.

I.e. does mommy's aggressive eating style during pregnancy instill an aggressive eating style in the child, or is it merely that mommy always had a suppressed (social pressures, body image, etc) aggressive dietary desire buried in her genetic sequences and once she became pregnant and the social pressures relaxed (queue OBGYN that says "eat it if you want it girlz!") then the eating bias was no longer supressed.

Then out pops kiddie, with similiar genetic pre-disposition to aggressive eating habits, and being a kid faces less social pressure to maintain a BMI below 40, and the same genetics that befell mommy dearest during pregnancy are suddenly manifest evident in child-wonder...