pictures taken by a GIRL

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: tami
Originally posted by: So
Oooh. Fireworks shot rocks. I'd love a desktop version (that would fit my crazy 4240x1050 desktop)

If you could pull that off, I'd :heart: you forever.

my camera is 6mp, so the largest size i have is 3008x2000 :( i'm not sure how a 4240x1050 image would work.

Hmmm...well, if you'd have to see how streching it to 4240 looked, then find a region that looked okay at 1050 tall. I kind of doubt that you'll be able to find a region that looks okay though. :(

The display is actually 1680x1050 flanked by 1280x1024 on the left and by 1280x960 on the right.

A 1680x1050 version would be really cool too though :)

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004
Originally posted by: mugs
Way to take advantage of your sex. :)

nobody goes to the "blog" threads anymore :p something needed to make the thread stand out :)

i'll try to edit it and see if i can get an optimal resolution for you, So. i'll keep you posted. :)

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: mugs
Way to take advantage of your sex. :)

nobody goes to the "blog" threads anymore :p something needed to make the thread stand out :)

i'll try to edit it and see if i can get an optimal resolution for you, So. i'll keep you posted. :)

Awesome, Thank you so much!

dawks

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Really nice pictures..

I noticed there are some that are super sharp.. Just look great.. then there are some that you can really see compression on.. I think thats the problem.. could also be a poorer lense and/or CCD.. The clear ones are the Nikon, and the crappier ones are the kodak.. go nikon!! the D70 looks to be a great camera STILL..

andy9o

May 27, 2005
Originally posted by: toekramp
Originally posted by: 733SHiFTY
Originally posted by: andy9o

"...
Blogger: Term used to describe anyone with enough time or narcissism to document every tedious bit of minutia filling their uneventful lives. Possibly the most annoying thing about bloggers is the sense of self-importance they get after even the most modest of publicity. Sometimes it takes as little as a referral on a more popular blogger's website to set the lesser blogger's ego into orbit.

Then God forbid a blogger gets mentioned on CNN. If you thought it was impossible for a certain blogger to get more pious than he was, wait until you see the $%!t storm of self-righteous save-the-world bull$%!t after a network plug. Suddenly the boring, mild-mannered blogger you once knew will turn into Mother Theresa, and will single handedly take it upon himself to end world hunger with his stupid links to band websites and other smug blogger dip$%!ts.

Blogging: If minds had anuses, blogging would be what your mind would do when it had to take a dump.
..."

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=banish

damnit, beat me to it...

actually, you both were beaten by Lonyo.

if you don't care to read blogs, then get lost :roll: for the record, photoblogs are much different than regular blogs. i don't "document every tedious bit of minutia filling [my] uneventful li[fe]"... i only showcase pictures with brief descriptions. get the definition correct before you crap in my thread.

hyperblaze: this thread got no attention until i modified the topic :p there were 5 replies and 80 views last night, so topic modification was inevitable for the feedback :p it apparently worked ;)

ironically that defintion of blogging is exactly what maddison does.

i was going to say that as well. the writer of that page was jealous enough that he created a webpage about that very thing and seems to call a LOT of attention to himself in his bitching. i'd bet he keeps a blog, too -- but not on that site.

Actually, a "blog" is usually taken to be a stream of posts, differentiated soley by date/time stamps, which reads like a journal. (see livejournal.com) What tami does may be construed as a "gallery" which is an entirely different matter, not sure i feel like taking on the classification at this time. However, what maddox does is a website. Notice the main page which links to different, seperately titled, sub-pages. This format betrays it to be, in fact, a website with stories, not the whinings by some emo chick who needs to go on a diet.

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004
Originally posted by: dawks
Really nice pictures..

I noticed there are some that are super sharp.. Just look great.. then there are some that you can really see compression on.. I think thats the problem.. could also be a poorer lense and/or CCD.. The clear ones are the Nikon, and the crappier ones are the kodak.. go nikon!! the D70 looks to be a great camera STILL..

the kodak IS a 5 year old camera (or something along those lines) and is 2mp. it was my first real digital camera, and at that time, i didn't know how to organize my photos so i renamed them and resized them to conserve space. i'd have loved it if i kept the originals, but it's been years. :(

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
hello...

my photoblog is almost done... just looking for a good top graphic to be provided by one of ATOT's resident artists ;)

linky here

please offer feedback, suggestions, or comments... and you can also post comments on the particular photos that you like :)

tia :heart:

where were you watching from? By the time i got to FDR, cops closed it up (on 23rd/1st) ... i ended up being in the huge crowd underneath.

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004
Originally posted by: halik
hello...

my photoblog is almost done... just looking for a good top graphic to be provided by one of ATOT's resident artists ;)

linky here

please offer feedback, suggestions, or comments... and you can also post comments on the particular photos that you like :)

tia :heart:

where were you watching from? By the time i got to FDR, cops closed it over (on 23rd/1st)

i was in brooklyn. subway platform that overlooked manhattan. we got there early in order to secure an optimal spot, since there's a fence and people often crowd around it. a camera with a relatively large lens doesn't fit well through the fence, so we had to look for larger gaps (like where it wasn't attached to the background wall).

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004
i'm sorry, but i didn't like my thread being underneath that annoying locked thread for so long. :p