Pictures in HTML email no longer showing up in Outlook 2007

JWMiddleton

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000
In the past month Outlook 2007 has stopped displaying pictures in HTML email. I can send a picture from Gmail to my Comcast email with an picture embedded and that works. I can forward an HTML email to the Gmail account and the pictures show up. So nothing has gotten damaged in the transfer. I am running Win 7 Pro, SP 1, 64bit.

I've done a lot of searching and have not found a workable solution.

One suggestion was to set I.E. as my default browser. I change the default browser from FF to I.E. 10. As expected, that didn't help.

I also found the registry key for the OutlookSecureTempFolder. It was empty, but I deleted the folder anyway. It was located at C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\OUYDBOO2\.

Email is set to display in HTML format and I've checked all the setting I can find. So, any suggestions?

Last edited:

JWMiddleton

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000
Try a different mail program. SeaMonkey has browser and mail all-in-one:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org

I'm pretty sure Outlook is just a cheap rip-off of the Netscape version anyway. /Uninstall

I appreciate the info on SeaMonkey as I was not aware of it. It looks interesting and I'm a fan of open source, but I'd like to fix this problem with Outlook 2007 as it is part of the Enterprise Edition of Microsoft Office.

UPDATE: I do not allow all HTML email to download pictures. Instead I must click on a message at the top of each email to allow pictures to be download, unless I've previously added the domain to a trusted list. Neither of the options work now. I simply get the anchor with a red X in a box.

JWMiddleton

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000
I have not have any luck on here, so I was wonder if anyone has a suggestion for a better site for this question?

Any help appreciated!

JWMiddleton

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000
I just did an update of Win 7 and rebooted the machine, opened Outlook and I GOT PICTURES! :) It was an optional update that didn't load automatically.