Pics. You guys want to see what age can do to a person?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: atom
Damn, I'm always afraid what happened to you is gonna happen to me. I can eat a foot long hoagie, chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, a 24 oz. soda, and still be hungry. If I don't change my eating habits when my metabolism slows down, I might become fatter than Rosie O'Donnell on Thanksgiving. :(

i was like that.

i used to be able to eat a large pizza by myself and not feel it.

now if i eat half a pie, i feel like i am bloating

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
ya it is metabolism, which is why you need to eat healthy or exercise a bit more i guess

how tall are you?

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: kalster
ya it is metabolism, which is why you need to eat healthy or exercise a bit more i guess

how tall are you?

5'11"

i'll tell you, when i was skinny everyone thought i was tall, now i'm a bit overweight and people don't see me as tall anymore.

strange how that works huh. :)

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
Originally posted by: kalster ya it is metabolism, which is why you need to eat healthy or exercise a bit more i guess how tall are you?
5'11" i'll tell you, when i was skinny everyone thought i was tall, now i'm a bit overweight and people don't see me as tall anymore. strange how that works huh. :)

true dat

i am the opposite, all my life till last year back (22 years), i was over weight, i am 5'11 , used to be 220, ppl used to think i am normal height or short even :D

i lost like 50-55 pounds , around 168 now, ppl find me taller suddenly

:D

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
It's always funny to hear scrawny kids talking about how nothing they do lets them put on weight, oblivious to the fact that most adults are overweight, so chances are they will be too, unless they do something about it. I was chunkier than other kids my age for most of my life, but ever weary of that allowed me to enter adulthood more aware of what I needed to do to fend off weight, and now I'm significantly thinner than the average adult - even the ones who used to be skinny :)

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: kalster ya it is metabolism, which is why you need to eat healthy or exercise a bit more i guess how tall are you?
5'11" i'll tell you, when i was skinny everyone thought i was tall, now i'm a bit overweight and people don't see me as tall anymore. strange how that works huh. :)

true dat

i am the opposite, all my life till last year back (22 years), i was over weight, i am 5'11 , used to be 220, ppl used to think i am normal height or short even :D

i lost like 50-55 pounds , around 168 now, ppl find me taller suddenly

:D

wow, that's awesome. congrats dude.

what some people don't get is because i was too skinny all my life i always wanted to be big, so when i started gaining weight it dodn't bother me. i got to 230 about 5 yrs ago and haven't gained more since. i've maintained this weight for 5 yrs now, so i guess i've stabilized.

it's just now dawning on me that mb i should lose weight.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb
It's always funny to hear scrawny kids talking about how nothing they do lets them put on weight, oblivious to the fact that most adults are overweight, so chances are they will be too, unless they do something about it. I was chunkier than other kids my age for most of my life, but ever weary of that allowed me to enter adulthood more aware of what I needed to do to fend off weight, and now I'm significantly thinner than the average adult - even the ones who used to be skinny :)

read my post just above this one.

ya, i really didn't think i'd ever have an overweight problem.

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
true dat i am the opposite, all my life till last year back (22 years), i was over weight, i am 5'11 , used to be 220, ppl used to think i am normal height or short even :D i lost like 50-55 pounds , around 168 now, ppl find me taller suddenly :D
wow, that's awesome. congrats dude. what some people don't get is because i was too skinny all my life i always wanted to be big, so when i started gaining weight it dodn't bother me. i got to 230 about 5 yrs ago and haven't gained more since. i've maintained this weight for 5 yrs now, so i guess i've stabilized. it's just now dawning on me that mb i should lose weight.

ya, i think physical looks aside, if you feel your stamina is going down (and ofcourse being chunky makes you more prone to more deseases), its time to do something about it, for me it was kinda the same, i realized one day my father had more stamina than me, that was a big wake up call :D

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
cute...talking about the wife

<---went to school with a whole butload of koreans.....

btw, my wife isn't "cute" she's all class.

Woah...who clapped your balls!?!

I just complementing her looks man....I did go to highschool for 4 YEARS with a MASSIVe amount of koreans.

Don't get so defensive.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
cute...talking about the wife

<---went to school with a whole butload of koreans.....

btw, my wife isn't "cute" she's all class.

Woah...who clapped your balls!?!

I just complementing her looks man....I did go to highschool for 4 YEARS with a MASSIVe amount of koreans.

Don't get so defensive.

:)

i wasn't being defensive. i apologize if you took it that way.

i was just giving my opinion.

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
you're round! :p

I think I like you better that way, actually. dunno why. You just look all big and cuddly. Not that I'd ever consider hugging you. Maybe jumping on you when I fall from a height, though.

;)

:wine::)

compudog

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2001
Don't worry too much about it Johann. I was 180 when I started college in 1985. When I left college I was 190 (too much beer:beer: :wink;) I was at the doctor yesterday I was 224. Doc said I should adjust diet, and maybe excesize a little. It's all in the gut/chest. Just part of aging I guess.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: compudog
Don't worry too much about it Johann. I was 180 when I started college in 1985. When I left college I was 190 (too much beer:beer: :wink;) I was at the doctor yesterday I was 224. Doc said I should adjust diet, and maybe excesize a little. It's all in the gut/chest. Just part of aging I guess.

i was 120lbs when i started college in 1983.

i guess we are pretty close in age huh.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: alpha366i
lol so it went down hill after marriage

those men, they always stay nice and thin to lure you in, then as soon as they get you married to them, they just let themselves go.

;)

EmperorIQ

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2003
wait, hold up, what happened in average joe 2? he cussed at the girl? i didn't see it,

oh yea, and i used to be able to eat a whole pizza, medium, and also soda, but now i get full quick, dunno why

but serious, what happened in average joe 2?

cressida

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2000
I started out college like a stick man but lifted weights and got up to 140. Then lost it all last semester, down to just 129 atm. :(

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Synergy
I started out college like a stick man but lifted weights and got up to 140. Then lost it all last semester, down to just 129 atm. :(

don't complain. i felt that way too all thru college.

now i wish i could just lose some of it. :(