****PICS UP NOW, TONS OF PICS*****So my brother bought a 1959 Ford Fairlane Galaxy 500

BullyCanadian

Platinum Member
May 4, 2003
It needs a littlle fixing up, but for the most part the interior is in great shape. The engin needs some work, but runs. The driver side door needs the lock repaired. and it needs 2 new windows (cracked). Also It doesnt come with any seatbelts in the front (has one in the back) Would we have to put our own seatbelts in? We already have it insured and took it out yesterday :D I'll have pics up later tonight or tomorrow.

GALLERY LINK
GALLERY LINK

(will have more and RECENT pics up soon)
GALLERY OF PICS FINALL! WOOOHOOO
UPDATE MAY 7th, I just came back after taking over 50 pics! (mostly exterior :evil: ) anyone reccomend a site where I can upload it and it will display all as thumbnails?

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
Originally posted by: mercanucaribe
No, you don't have to put seatbelts in. You and your mother can die for all I care. :roll:

that was uncalled for.

Pics of the car?

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Not sure about Canadian Laws but here in TX if Seatbelts came as original equipment on the car then they will need to be in the car and functional for it to pass inspection.
It would probably be a good idea anyways to put at least lap belts, It wouldn't ruin the look of the car and would make it at least somewhat safer.

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
We had a 1954 Buick Special that we didn't need to put seatbelts in. However we drove it around on a dealer plate, so. :)

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Originally posted by: mercanucaribe
No, you don't have to put seatbelts in. You and your mother can die for all I care. :roll:

Well your an idiot.

If the car was made without seat belts then you do not by law have to install any. Also if you get pulled over you cannot be given a ticket because the car was built without them as well.

If you wish to feel safe I am sure you will be able to have some custome ones built for the car but that may cost alot of money to do so.

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
Nice. I'd really like to get a 1964 Impala to fix up but that's just a dream for now.

BullyCanadian

Platinum Member
May 4, 2003
Originally posted by: cavemanmoron
why is there snow in the pic?

Neat car.

what engine>?

this pic is from back in February. it has the smallest v8 available for this i believe aroudn 200hp, more pics today