Pics of your worst scar!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ketteringo

Banned
Feb 2, 2002
Tried several times to take a pic :( Bad lighting and camera. Maybe tomorrow in the daylight! Its a nice 3-4 inch caterpillar on my upper right arm. Had a nice little cyst in my arm back in kindergarden. Spent a month in the hospital, ~6 operations and it was still fscked up! Now I am almost 20 and its as good as anyone else's arm :) I am a miracle!

Palek

Jun 20, 2001
Originally posted by: fivespeed5
Originally posted by: Palek
I don't have a picture of my scar, but I have the X-rays that show the metal plate in my arm. The scar looks pretty nasty since it was opened up again to remove the plate after a year. The fracture was the result of a motorbike accident that almost ended my life.

arm side view
arm top view

whoa, I gotta find my xrays, they look similiar but my screws don't go that deep. You got your plates removed? The doctor said I could have that done but I'm not sure I want to. That means another surgery!
I was operated on in a Japanese hospital, and in Japan (I think) it is standard procedure to remove metal plates once they have outlived their purpose. In my case the second operation was almost exactly one year after the accident. I actually did not want that thing in my body, so I was glad the plate was only a temporary solution. They don't even use titanium, it was just regular stainless steel. I have the plate and the screws at home, it's pretty cool. :D Oh, and I was out of the hospital 3 days after the second operation.

As for metal detectors, unfortunately I did not set them off at the airport, even though I was really looking forward to it. It would have been fun to show my beautiful scar to security personnel. :)

xSkyDrAx

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
I have a permanent lump on my foreehead, not that noticable unless you touch or look from an angle. Got it from falling face first on to concrete while playing basketball. Jumped up, slipped, fell staight down face forward. Though its not even close to the scars you guys have.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: Anubis
you had 2 operations!!!!!!!!! not 2 surgeries!!!!!!!!!

why cant people get that right :|:|:|:|

o amd my scars are nothing compaired to that

Oh please,it's just a different way of spelling OUCH,I want my mommy!

veteran of 4 surgeries and no I'm not posting scar pics.

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
Originally posted by: Anubis
you had 2 operations!!!!!!!!! not 2 surgeries!!!!!!!!!

why cant people get that right :|:|:|:|

o amd my scars are nothing compaired to that

Oh please,it's just a different way of spelling OUCH,I want my mommy!

veteran of 4 surgeries and no I'm not posting scar pics.

aw.. you're no fun :p

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
I have a couple of small scars on my hand from a hand vs. window incident in high school. They're hardly noticeable.

J Heartless Slick

Golden Member
Nov 11, 1999
Originally posted by: fivespeed5
Inspired by my tattoo thread, I don't have a tat to share but I got a nasty scar to show off.
pic

Broke my arm in half playing basketball, a freak accident really. The inner bone was rubbing against the concrete and the doctor had to grind some of it off because it was so dirty. 2 surgeries, 2 metal plates, 12 screws later is what you see here. And I didn't feel a damn thing when the paramedics gave me morphine! :( :p

:Q

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Azraele
I have a couple of small scars on my hand from a hand vs. window incident in high school. They're hardly noticeable.

Got the same thing, cept I was college-age and drinking. I also have a scar from where we were doing 40 yard time trials in high school. Lost my balance and right arm had a nice gash from the concrete. Managed to finish first though..4.2 w00t!

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Mines on my lower back.

I doubt I can get a good shot of it.

I fell on a stick (pungi stick like) when I was 5 years old. It went about 4-5 inches into my back, then as luck would have it, a knot in it made it go sideways. It scratched my kidney, and it the knot hadn't been there, it would have gone right through it.

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Amused
Is it OK if I post pics of my circumcision scars?
Doctor drank before operating?

I cannot show mine either. But let's say it involved an overly eager sorority girl, the back porch of the same sorority house, a zipper, and being surprised by her sisters.
:eek:

crab

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2001
I have scars on my neck, hips, stomach and upper chest...Oh and the sides of my head.

Neck - To put this crap in, and a trach.
Hips - to get bone to do the spinal fusion.
Stomach - tubes
Chest - tubes
Head - traction bolts

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: crab
I have scars on my neck, hips, stomach and upper chest...Oh and the sides of my head.

Stomach - tubes
Chest - tubes
Head - traction bolts

:Q ouch

Booster

Diamond Member
May 4, 2002
Actually, I do have a tiny scar, but I'd have to shave to show it. It's not interesting anyway.

DaveJ

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Most of my scars are hidden by hair or clothes (and I'm at work so I can't post pics anyway)

1. Scar on the top of my head from shunt insertion when I was a baby
2. Scar on the right side of my head from multiple shunt insertions (doc tends to reuse the same one)
3. Caterpiller on my abdomen from insertion of shunt tube
4. Appendix scar on lower abdomen, also reused for insertion of shunt tube
5. Small inverted Z-shape scar on my right arm, from multiple IV insertions when I was a kid

I think that's the list... :) So far I've had 23 operations (I think, I've seriously lost count) for shunt replacements and various other things...

Dave

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
I'll post pics later, but I have:

one on my left hand from dropping a dumbbell on it and having the bar split the flesh to the bone
my left elbow from ravine jumping and falling 15 feet into a stream
one on my hip from same incident
one on my head from a trampoline incident
several more on both elbows from skiing in short sleeve shirts and sliding down ice-covered hills on my elbows
one on my knee from playing floor hockey, tripping and hitting the ground so hard the skin just ripped off
some on my hands and arms that I have no idea how they got there

I guess that's about. I have around 20 scars in total, most pretty small though.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
Originally posted by: crab

Stomach - tubes
Chest - tubes
Head - traction bolts
how did that happen?