Pics of your worst scar!

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Inspired by my tattoo thread, I don't have a tat to share but I got a nasty scar to show off.
pic

Broke my arm in half playing basketball, a freak accident really. The inner bone was rubbing against the concrete and the doctor had to grind some of it off because it was so dirty. 2 surgeries, 2 metal plates, 12 screws later is what you see here. And I didn't feel a damn thing when the paramedics gave me morphine! :( :p

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
you had 2 operations!!!!!!!!! not 2 surgeries!!!!!!!!!

why cant people get that right :|:|:|:|

o amd my scars are nothing compaired to that

bootymac

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2001
My worst one is probably when I hit my knee agaisnt the corner of my bed and got a nasty gash there.
Or the one 1cm above my eye from when I fell and hit the corner of our coffee table

Maybe I can get pics up!

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Anubis
you had 2 operations!!!!!!!!! not 2 surgeries!!!!!!!!!

why cant people get that right :|:|:|:|

wtf is the difference?

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
I have a 3" horizontal scar on the back of my neck from removing benign tumor.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: psydancerqt
you had 2 operations!!!!!!!!! not 2 surgeries!!!!!!!!! why cant people get that right :|:|:|:|

what's the difference? seriously...

2 surgeries isn?t grammatically correct. You don?t have multipliable surgeries you have multipliable operations.

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
you had 2 operations!!!!!!!!! not 2 surgeries!!!!!!!!! why cant people get that right :|:|:|:|

2 surgeries isn?t grammatically correct. You don?t have multipliable surgeries you have multipliable operations.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=surgeries

sur·ger·y ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sûrj-r)
n. pl. sur·ger·ies

1. The branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of injury, deformity, and disease by manual and instrumental means.
2. A surgical operation or procedure, especially one involving the removal or replacement of a diseased organ or tissue.
3. An operating room or a laboratory of a surgeon or of a hospital's surgical staff.
4. The skill or work of a surgeon.
=======
Although no organs were removed or replaced it does say "especially" meaning it's not exclusive.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=surgeries

It does say surgeries is plural for surgery. How is it not correct?

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Spleenectomy - ruptured spleen from a cross check to the lower abdomen while playing hockey. RIT defenseman. I'll never forget it. I didn't even know till the game was over and I blacked out while driving (whole 'nother story).

6" scar straight down the center of my stomach. Docs said the scar would fade after a year. It's been almost 5. I'll prob have pics tomorrow.

Palek

Jun 20, 2001
I don't have a picture of my scar, but I have the X-rays that show the metal plate in my arm. The scar looks pretty nasty since it was opened up again to remove the plate after a year. The fracture was the result of a motorbike accident that almost ended my life.

arm side view
arm top view

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000

Yeah, I'll take grammar advice from the guy who has never made a post without multiple spelling errors.
rolleye.gif

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Palek
I don't have a picture of my scar, but I have the X-rays that show the metal plate in my arm. The scar looks pretty nasty since it was opened up again to remove the plate after a year. The fracture was the result of a motorbike accident that almost ended my life.

arm side view
arm top view

whoa, I gotta find my xrays, they look similiar but my screws don't go that deep. You got your plates removed? The doctor said I could have that done but I'm not sure I want to. That means another surgery!

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: fivespeed5

arm side view
arm top view

whoa, I gotta find my xrays, they look similiar but my screws don't go that deep. You got your plates removed? The doctor said I could have that done but I'm not sure I want to. That means another surgery!
What do you tell the guys at the airport ? Do they believe you ?

RedPickle

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2002
Originally posted by: rh71

arm side view
arm top view

Yea, I was wondering that too. Going shopping must suck too, with you setting off the alarm all the time. :D

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: RedPickle
Originally posted by: rh71

arm side view
arm top view

Yea, I was wondering that too. Going shopping must suck too, with you setting off the alarm all the time. :D

har har guys... it doesn't set off alarms or metal detectors!

I called my surgeon before I went to the airport after my surgery. :eek:

McCarthy

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Don't have any, I heal too well :(

For awhile I had a burn scar perfectly matching the crankcase and finned cylinder head of a Honda CB750. Doc wanted to do grafts, I asked if it'd heal on it's own, she said eventually so talked her into giving me a bunch of duoderm and left. Three months later it healed shut, two years later the scar faded so even I couldn't find it anymore. Man duoderm is great stuff...unless you want to keep the scar of course.

Xenon

Oct 16, 1999
No pics, but I've got one now that extends from my groin area to my sternum from an RPLND operation. Yep it looks horrible, but sometimes these things are necessary.