PICS of the new house and subdivision

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Color: Wife plans on doing MUCHO landscaping, she also wants to paint the trim black all around.

Location: Its in Gardner Ks, about 5-10 miles south of Overland Park, KS (Kansas city really). Its the very edge of Gardner, hence the fields n stuff

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Not trying to rain on your new house, but is there a reason they don't use brick? Or is it just the developer deciding against it. I'm assuming that is either vinyl siding or hardiplank.

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
PM? No. Here ya go.

Was right around 143,000K for the house. Its a larger model, base is 135,000. They have a slightly smaller model that bases at 128 or 9. We upgraded the windows (Hence the front clover leaf) moved master bedroom to front of house and added all the windows in the basement. The back side basement is normally just a wall. We had them do windows and a sliding glass door. Also upsized our lot a bit, the normal lot is slightly smaller.
Hope that helps. :)

filmmaker

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by: Shockwave
PM? No. Here ya go.

Was right around 143,000K for the house. Its a larger model, base is 135,000. They have a slightly smaller model that bases at 128 or 9. We upgraded the windows (Hence the front clover leaf) moved master bedroom to front of house and added all the windows in the basement. The back side basement is normally just a wall. We had them do windows and a sliding glass door. Also upsized our lot a bit, the normal lot is slightly smaller.

Sounds nice, but the left side of the house looks lacking without any type of window or tree/oversized bush. ;) Maybe a basketball goal? (j/k)

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
Nice house but siding would look soooo much better than the stuff thats on there. Whats with the "basement"? I'm used to having basements mostly underground and yours kinda looks like they just piled dirt in front to try to make it like a walk out basement in the rear. Landscaping will definately help:)

Congrats on the new house.

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Yeah, like I said, wife is gonna landscape. Also plan on a fence and HELLA tropical plant things. I may try to get some pics of my wife's bosses backyard, thats what she wants hers like. Its craziness. :confused:

We've only been here like 2 months so havent had alot of time to do too much. But we got plans. :cool:

phatj

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Shockwave
PM? No. Here ya go.

How much did you pay for the lot?

filmmaker

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by: amdskip
Nice house but siding would look soooo much better than the stuff thats on there. Whats with the "basement"? I'm used to having basements mostly underground and yours kinda looks like they just piled dirt in front to try to make it like a walk out basement in the rear. Landscaping will definately help:)

My parents house is a lot like this one except about half of the basement is above ground which makes for good times when it floods. :frown:

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: amdskip

We have a basement / sub basement deal. The sub basement is your typical basement, its under ground. The basement is really just the first floor. Since its kinda a split level they pile the dirt on the front into the mound. It doesnt look bad, but its a pain in the ass to mow.

And yes, I hate split levels too. But it is my first house so..... :D

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
It looks like you live in the middle of nowhere.... there's your half-finished neighborhood, and then a LOT of open grass :)

Banana

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2001
Originally posted by: CPA
Not trying to rain on your new house, but is there a reason they don't use brick? Or is it just the developer deciding against it. I'm assuming that is either vinyl siding or hardiplank.
Haha--spoken like a Texan. I used to live in Texas and just assumed that real houses would be built with bricks. Apparently, different exteriors prevail in different parts of the country. For example, most of the homes where I live now have concrete "stucco" exteriors. Even so-called "brick" homes may just have a brick veneer. The house we're buying in North Carolina have mostly vinyl siding, with some brick thrown on for looks.

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
I myself would prefer brick. What we have is simply what the builder uses, and its quite common in this area.