Pics of my new car

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BillyBatson

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
Originally posted by: j00fek
nice car, but automatic? cmon

yups for one i do not know how to drive manual and i do not care to learn, and 2 i live in LA i an always on the freeway and and in traffic and everyone coplains about stick in traffic so automatic is fine for me

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Originally posted by: BillyBatson

yups for one i do not know how to drive automatic and i do not care to learn, and 2 i live in LA i an always on the freeway and and in traffic and everyone coplains about stick in traffic so automatic is fine for me

Don't know how to drive an automatic eh? :D

Congrats on the new car. I'm jealous that your car's city mpg is the same as my car's highway mpg, but I wouldn't trade with ya. :D

http://home.comcast.net/~kelvrick/

BillyBatson

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Kelvrick

yups for one i do not know how to drive automatic and i do not care to learn, and 2 i live in LA i an always on the freeway and and in traffic and everyone coplains about stick in traffic so automatic is fine for me

Don't know how to drive an automatic eh? :D

Congrats on the new car. I'm jealous that your car's city mpg is the same as my car's highway mpg, but I wouldn't trade with ya. :D

http://home.comcast.net/~kelvrick/

lol oops, edited it

nice car that is for sure! i am not a fan of hatch backs of any kind however but still a great car. my good friend owns a wrx sti 2005 and made me go check out regular wrx's but they are too simple and of course i was not allowed to test drive one seeing as i can't drive stick

BillyBatson

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
Originally posted by: BullyCanadian
Very nice, white with black tint :thumbsup:

exactly! i love small white cars with black tint and trim! looks so nice and clean! i was going to do the same with the Scion tC if i had gotten that

moks78

Lifer
Jan 5, 2001
Can you PM me what dealership you got it fm and for how much? My son is very interested in getting one...of course, I'm the buying the car for him.;)

BillyBatson

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
Originally posted by: moks78
Can you PM me what dealership you got it fm and for how much? My son is very interested in getting one...of course, I'm the buying the car for him.;)

lol BUY 2!

MazerRackham

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2002

yups for one i do not know how to drive manual and i do not care to learn, and 2 i live in LA i an always on the freeway and and in traffic and everyone coplains about stick in traffic so automatic is fine for me

I live in LA and have never complained about driving a manual transmission car, so don't say "everybody" complains about it. And I drive about 20k miles/year, and mostly on the 405, so I know something about rush hour 2 MPH traffic with a manual.

Nice car though. If you could drive a manual would you have gotten the Si?

OVerLoRDI

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Looks nice. I hope you enjoy it. I don't like the color scheme though but hey white has its advantages. I drive a black BMW... someone breathes on that car wrong and you can see it afterwards.

BillyBatson

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
Originally posted by: MazerRackham

I live in LA and have never complained about driving a manual transmission car, so don't say "everybody" complains about it. And I drive about 20k miles/year, and mostly on the 405, so I know something about rush hour 2 MPH traffic with a manual.

Nice car though. If you could drive a manual would you have gotten the Si?

well ok not everyone, one of my best friends drives a 2005 subaru wrx sti and he thinks i am crazy for not getting a manual however he rarely drives in traffic he mainly just takes the 118 back and forth. My moms bf lives by LAX and works in the valley so he is on the 405 every day, he bought a 2005 porche 911 twin turbo and the dealer thought he was crazy for choosing the tiptronic instead of the 6 speed manual but he drives in traffic everyday so to each their own. i know i would get sick of it driving back and worth to OC.
howevever yes if i could drive manual AND i enjoyed it there would have been no reason not to get the si.

Originally posted by: OVerLoRDI
Looks nice. I hope you enjoy it. I don't like the color scheme though but hey white has its advantages. I drive a black BMW... someone breathes on that car wrong and you can see it afterwards.

heh yeah the white is fine except i am starting to get road/asfault dust on the rear end especially above the bumper, below the license plate, and the side wheel wells. i bought the mr clean car cleaning gun/filter kit thing today lol so i can rinse if off often without having to dry

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Nice! I'm doing the legwork trying to get my mother-in-law a 2007 Civic sedan right now. Good choice on the color, so much easier to maintain than a dark car. My dark car days are done, I don't need the stress.