Picking up a 3DS XL tonight, what games to get?

Ashenor

Golden Member
May 9, 2012
Been awhile since i had a DS.

I like RPG's, but open to other good games, the one i am getting has Zelda and Resident Evil with it. I was thinking Mario Kart and not sure what else?

Thanks!

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Been awhile since i had a DS.

I like RPG's, but open to other good games, the one i am getting has Zelda and Resident Evil with it. I was thinking Mario Kart and not sure what else?

Thanks!

Good games already (by Zelda I assume you mean OOT). I like the Mario Kart games. Wasn't a fan of Mario Land but the New Super Mario Bros 2 game should be a blast, the first was great.

Ashenor

Golden Member
May 9, 2012
Ya i am going to pick up Mario Kart for sure, probably New Super Mario Bro's. I tried the demo of Heroes of Ruin last night and actually was a pretty fun hack and slash, so will probably get that to.

rayfieldclement

Apr 12, 2012
Try RESIDENT EVIL: REVELATIONS it got a good review in Game informer I think. It might be one of the best entries in the series. I also like colorful games for this machine so try Mario.

bearxor

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2001
I found 3D Land a lot more fun and challenge than NSMB2. NSMB2 was incredibly simple and easy and the "gotta collect them all" aspect of the coin stuff doesn't appeal to me at all.

Super Steeet Fighter IV is a good port of you like fighting games.

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
Since this thread is here I won't make another one.

Been thinking about getting a 3DS XL, even though I never gave a damn about 3D stuff. Paper Mario Sticker Star mostly got me interested in buying one, although I just read a bunch of reviews that didn't like it so much. Still I'm just a huge fan of the Paper Mario series I think i'd enjoy it.

They are racking up a lot of good titles, and I never had a DS either so there's a whole line of great DS games I haven't played. Been a looong time since I owned a portable system, just a game gear long long ago. I'm a guy who likes playing games with friends more than anything, and you can't really play a portable console with others. I'm not buying two 3DSs' and two copies of every game just so me and a friend can play.

The main question I have before buying any console, is, how hackable is it? :) - I just love homebrew stuff and to be able to play old snes/nes games on the 3DS if I wanted to. It's been out for quite a while now so I would suspect it's pretty much opened up by now...security wise?

Hopefully it's not like the PS3 which is the most unhackable console of all time hands down. Modders out there are seemingly unable to do anything with the PS3. I suspect Sony hires the best hackers out there to make sure their hardware/software is uncrackable. Whoops, mumbling away here...time for a nap!

Last edited:

Ashenor

Golden Member
May 9, 2012
Playing Heroes of Ruin right now, its pretty fun loot based hack and slash so far.