Picked up some playing cards off eBay for poker - Copag

DingDingDao

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2004
copags are awesome. Worth every penny. :thumbsup:

EDIT: I've been using the same set of copags at my weekly home game for the last year and a half. Easily as good as Kem, and cheaper to boot.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: DingDingDao

EDIT: I've been using the same set of copags at my weekly home game for the last year and a half. Easily as good as Kem, and cheaper to boot.

cool :)

DingDingDao

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2004
Originally posted by: iamme

I forgot to ask, did you get the jumbo or regular index? If you have a chance to let the seller know, I would try to get the regular index. We have the jumbo index cards, and they're great, but the numbers are HUGE. It actually makes looking at hole cards harder, because you have to lift them higher than you would with standard indices.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001

I forgot to ask, did you get the jumbo or regular index? If you have a chance to let the seller know, I would try to get the regular index. We have the jumbo index cards, and they're great, but the numbers are HUGE. It actually makes looking at hole cards harder, because you have to lift them higher than you would with standard indices.

i got the jumbo index because the decks we've been playing with were jumbo. i dunno, i just kinda like them :p

are the indices much larger on the Copaq jumbo than regular Bee jumbos?

(i think they shipped out already anyways)

DingDingDao

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2004
I'm not sure, I've never played Bee jumbos before. We used to use the standard index used cards we'd bring back from trips to Vegas, but we switched over from those to the copag plastics last year. The jumbos are fine, we haven't had any issues with them at all. Have fun with them :thumbsup: :beer:

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
I'm not sure, I've never played Bee jumbos before. We used to use the standard index used cards we'd bring back from trips to Vegas, but we switched over from those to the copag plastics last year. The jumbos are fine, we haven't had any issues with them at all. Have fun with them :thumbsup: :beer:

it's funny when we switch up with jumbo/regular index decks. people get startled when they're checking their hole cards and the jumbo index jumps out at them, after staring at regular sized marks :p

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
yeah, i hear KEM's the standard by which others are measured. but i read that Copag are pretty close to KEM's for nearly half the price, seemed like a better value to me. maybe one day my curiosity will allow me to pick up a few packs of KEMs :)

Justin218

Platinum Member
Jan 21, 2001
ya I use copags too, they are very nice. Some people dont like that they glide so nicely though. They even called them ****** cards because they glide nicely ha.

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Copags rule. I have six decks that I use for our tourneys and cash games. Everyone loves them.

BTW, they used Copag cards at all of the WSOP events this year.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Justin218
ya I use copags too, they are very nice. Some people dont like that they glide so nicely though. They even called them ****** cards because they glide nicely ha.

what's the ***** ?

:eek:

Ketteringo

Banned
Feb 2, 2002
I like my KEM decks better than the Copag ones, but the Copags are still better than anything you can get in a local store.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
just got them yesterday.....very nice :) love the sound of them being shuffled. they are so smooth. pretty slippery, though. they slide aroound very easily. just some getting used to. should be fun to break them out this weekend :)

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
update: still love the cards. played about six to seven poker sessions with good results and compliments all around. if i were using cheapie Bee cards, they'd be sticky as hell and i'd be springing for a new deck already.

the cards are starting to smell like smoke, though, since we've got three smokers who play. any hints on cleaning the best way to clean the cards? i was just going to use a wet washcloth to wipe them down and they dry them off before storing.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001

btw, regarding the jumpo index cards: they are rather large, but not gaudy. plus, on a larger table with 8-10 people, when the dealer is at the other end of the table, the large indices are easier to spot. so, that's a plus.

like i said, i'm very happy w/ them and i'd recommend them to anyone who plays a weekly or monthly poker game.

also, i did lose one card and Copag sent me a replacement for a buck, which was nice. kinda expensive per card, but it's better than having a worthless deck.