Photoshoppers! I need some help!

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
Picture One: A screenshot of a usermade company of heroes map. This user is "non-locatable" .
http://screenshots.filesnetwor.../65/files2/81991_1.jpg
Picture Two: A user edit of a picture in Armed Assault. Also no idea where this person is:
http://www.armedassault.com/wi...e/Sahrani_vintage1.jpg

I am helping a friend for his college PC gaming class. Basically, I'm an avid photoshop user that's never made an attempt at an old style photo before... and this photo caught my eye. The editing on this is very nice.. I'd like to know if anyone can tell me ether how to create this, or point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

arrfep

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2006
Well that looks to be rendered from scratch with some kind of CGI program or something used to create video games. It looks like a still from a video game, not a photograph that's been edited. If you want to try and replicate that, most editing programs have an "old photo" script or filter that gives a normal photo the aged effect.

Deadtrees

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2002
First, you need a picture, a picture that'll work as a texture giving that old/cracked look.
You can either search for it on the web or make one by taking a picture of one colored cracked painting.

One you have that texture(layer A) and the picture you want to use(Layer B),
Copy B over A.
Hit CTRL+T for free-transform so that you can adjust the image size and adjust it.
Change lighting option for B to be 'Screen'
Erase borders of B so that it'll tone with A
CTRL+SHIT+L to flatten layers.
Adjust HUE/Saturation to make it look more real.
Done.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Looks like a screen cap from Company of Heroes, with a scratch/old-style filter applied to it as well as some sort of border.

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
Texture huh? Any idea's where to find a bunch of photoshop textures that might help me out here?

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
You're spending a lot of time on a computer hardware off topic forum. You should be searching somewhere else. You shouldn't even be at this website. Google for photoshop filters, but you don't need photoshop to do it. Any image editing program can do it if you're creative enough to RTFM and learn to use the tools in that program creatively. Think outside the box and start with google.com