Photoshop Elements or Photoshop Lightroom for photo editing?

zanemoseley

Feb 27, 2011
I'm thinking of getting my wife a D3200 for her birthday and would like to get her some software to accompany it. Which is recommended for general photo editing and tweaking?

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Lightroom. I'm guessing she's not going to be doing airbrushing and stuff like that, so Lightroom is much better. It's easy to adjust contrast, color, etc.

cbunn

Sep 1, 2011
Another vote for Lightroom. As has been said, the organizational features steal the show. When you shoot digital, you shoot a lot. Having some way to work through the hundreds (or thousands) of images from a shoot will help to preserve her sanity.

Keep an eye out for discounts on Newegg and Amazon. I've seen it for less than $100 several times in the past couple months.

And if she's looking to upload to social media, check out Jeffrey Friedl's Lightroom Plugins.

swanysto

Golden Member
May 8, 2005
I vote Lightroom as well. It is much easier to figure out than trying to change stuff in Photoshop. Once you have Lightroom down it is a much easier transition.

Uppsala9496

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 2001
You can download a full version of lightroom for a 30 day trial from adobe. Why not give it a try to see if you like it.