Photoalley Extra 10% off on any Digital Camera

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Valvoline6

Oct 6, 2000
PhotoAlley has been SLOW. I ordered a CP 995 originally on 11/21 to get the $100 Gift Check along with MSN rebate. It was on Backorder. The more I read reviews and studied the features the more I like the Canon G2. Monday I cancelled the 995 and replaced that with an order for the G2. Tuesday the status is "ready to ship". Wednesday the status is "ready to ship". Today the status is "ready to ship". I figured- order on Monday, have the camera by Friday. I call and get the run around. The "dude" says "you just ordered on Monday". I said it's THURSDAY! He said it probably shipped but doesn't show on the website. I ask for a tracking number. He doesn't have one. I tell him I'll wait and see if it arrives Monday. He says "Monday? You got the free shipping, it can take up to 10 days." SIGH!!!!!

I sent a scathing email to customer service letting them know I wasn't getting service that lived up to their ratings on resellerratings.com and positive comments on anandtech and dpreview. I asked them to find out exactly where my order is, and if it has not shipped to ship it immediately. I left my phone number as well. Suddenly they wake up and I get a tracking number emailed, camera scheduled for delivery Monday.

I think they hired a bunch of punks for the holiday promo's who are slow and could care less. The management needs to get on the ball.

stingygrrl

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2000
I sent a nasty email to CS about this promo and shipping too, around Nov 26 , but never got an answer (for my bro). He got his G2 about a week ago. Although things worked out well for us, I am surprised to see all the negative comments. I will remember all the bad experiences people are having the next time I know someone who has to place an order! Good luck to you all!

SimMike2

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2000
I ordered from Photoalley specifically because they had the MSN promo and a $100 store credit on my purchase or a camcorder. While the MSN promo is properly credited, and they sent me the store credit for $100, the item I ordered using the $100 store credit is just sitting there not shipping even though it is in stock. They don't respond to e-mail.

Stay away from this piece of sh!t company. Spread the word. If they don't respond soon, I am going to file a complaint with the state Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau.

tazmania99

Golden Member
Mar 19, 2001

<< I ordered from Photoalley specifically because they had the MSN promo and a $100 store credit on my purchase or a camcorder. While the MSN promo is properly credited, and they sent me the store credit for $100, the item I ordered using the $100 store credit is just sitting there not shipping even though it is in stock. They don't respond to e-mail.

Stay away from this piece of sh!t company. Spread the word. If they don't respond soon, I am going to file a complaint with the state Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau.
>>

Photoalley sucks ass hair! I ordered the Canon S110. I rec'd it in 3 days. However, the battery I ordered and paid by their $50 GC, they never shipped. I ordered on 11/29/01, and their website shows it in stock, but they just don't ship it. I called them up twice regarding this problem. They are absolutely not professional. I heard the background on the phone that people were cursing around and making jokes to each other with loud laughs. Ok, I didn't care and went ahead to ask about my order. First they said it normally takes 3~10 business days to ship the order and asked me to be patient and continued to wait. Then the second time I called they blamed my credit card. Bullsh*t! My credit card cannot even approve for the shipping fee of $6.95? And then I was asked to contact the custmor service department. When I ask for the phone#, the dude told me there is no phone# for the customer service department! WTF? What kinda company is it? The dude just gave me an email address to contact customer service department. I'll see how they reply me, or will not even reply me!

Well, if you haven't shopped anything for your Xmas yet, remember stay away from this company.

VaG

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2001
I have one more knock against photoalley. Definitely AVOID them. I had the same problems as everyone else. NO customer service, 14+ days of delayed shipping on 2 in stock dimage7's, never received any email from them not even a reply to 2 emails I sent them regarding order status, AND last but not least both cameras had been opened and rechargeable batteries removed, sticker saying rechargeable batteries included, & misc. plastic packaging opened. I received 2 $100 gift checks with the purchase but the chances of me using them are 0%. Save yourself some headaches at a minimum.

laugh

Golden Member
Dec 21, 1999
two weeks but my dimage S304 is still nowhere!!! CRAP PA!!!

AND GC IS NOT STACKABLE!!! SUCKER!