Photoalley Extra 10% off on any Digital Camera

bomb99

Golden Member
Oct 12, 1999
nice deal. especially for those who got the photoalley GC from the last purchases.
combine this with the msn 20%, the GC. this a great deal.

Travelmore

Jan 15, 2001
Great find, but there is a potential problem for existing orders at PhotoAlley.

I had entered an order for the Nikon 995 yesterday. Saw your post this morning. E-mailed PhotoAlley to request that they apply the 10% discount to my order which had still not shipped. Thought, I'd better call the 24-hour sales line - just to make sure....

The CSR told me he was "95% sure" that the 10% discound would only be applied to orders entered today. When I threatened to cancel yesterday's order and re-enter it, he stated that he thought I'd get charged twice because they don't have a direct link between shipping, billing, and order entry. There were no supervisors to speak with, so I cancelled the order with him and sent off another e-mail to their customercare address.

I'll plan to re-order later today, once I get verification that the first order was cancelled.

Bottom line: It may take some work to get the 10% applied to existing orders - but 80 bucks is 80 bucks....

Chowimmark

Oct 1, 2001
Great! This helped me finish my Christmas shopping for a Canon Elph S110. Now I have to cancel the backorder at Dell. Saved another $35!

Popfreeze

Sep 21, 2001
They took the Nikon 995 off of their site, looks like you can't order it today. They don't have any Nikon digital cameras listed.

GregFish

Sep 20, 2001
If you want a Canon S110 Elph, they are out of stock. I just called and they said that they would not be getting more in for 7 to 14 days. So, if you are buying for Christmas, may not be in time.

VaG

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2001

<< nice deal. especially for those who got the photoalley GC from the last purchases.
combine this with the msn 20%, the GC. this a great deal.
>>

2. You may not use Gift Checks in conjuction with any other promotional offer, and you may not combine multiple Gift Checks.

It won't work with 10% I tried.

Artist9

Oct 4, 2001

photoalley sucks. the MSN rebate doesn't come out of their pocket, it should be able to be stacked it. they are just greedy, buy from 800.com

Flatpicker

Dec 7, 2000

<< photoalley sucks. the MSN rebate doesn't come out of their pocket >>

Wrong on both counts.
You have obviously never dealt with Photo Alley. In my 5 purchases they have shown excellent service.
If you think Mr Bill is donating 20% in the spirit of the season, please share what you're smoking.

Travelmore

Jan 15, 2001
My earlier problem with PhotoAlley was promptly and honorably resolved! They called me soon after their office opened to say they would give me a credit for the 10% sale on the camera that I ordered yesterday. This now becomes a fantastic deal: Nikon 995 for $799 - 10% - Nikon rebate - MSN rebate - AMEX price match = $269.

Ya gotta love this forum....

wkey

Nov 18, 2001
I ordered one yesterday too. I called their cs today to cancel my yesterday order . The lady said she sent the cancellation request for me. but she can't be sure the order will be canceled. Anyway I made a similar order today. Hopefully I will not get both of them

bonk102

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
for those of you who cancelled your previous orders in hope of ordering again, you have noticed that the nikon 995 isn't on the page anymore right?

bonk102

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
so is it down to ritz.com for the only place left to get a nikon 995? man, this is gettng ridiculous

Dealmunky

Nov 22, 2001
photoalley does not suck!

I have bought a few items from them since this msn deal started and I have had nothing but good experiences with them. I would definitly buy again and again from them.

:D

Justincase

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2001
>>><< photoalley sucks. >>
>>>You have obviously never dealt with Photo Alley.<<<

I don't know about Artist9, but I have dealt with PhotoAlley...my first order for a camcorder was fine - no problems at all.

However, my current order for the Minolta Dimage 7 has already been held up for 14 days while they have had plenty of the item IN STOCK and they are accepting NEW ORDERS for the product. I have made several calls to 'PhotoAlley', and guess what? - you cannot speak to a PHOTOALLEY rep...a 'supervisor' told me today that all calls are taken by an order/fulfillment center, and that she is not employed by PhotoAlley. Furthermore, no phone number is available for the actual company itself - even the reps and supervisors can only contact PhotoAlley by email. A Web search for PhotoAlley in San Francisco, turned up nothing. I did find their address through Pricegrabber, but still no phone number. In the 14 days that I have been trying to find out why my and a relative's orders have not be shipped, by phone and by email, I have not been given any reason whatsoever. Does anyone have a DIRECT contact number for PhotoAlley (not the 800-311-8120 number)?

rootaxs

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2000
Aww, that sucks. I had an order with them last monday and it's back-ordered so i have to wait a couple of weeks.

Anyway, i called them up and asked if i could have the additional 10% off discount applied and they insisted it's not possible unless i cancel my order (which i don't want to do given then i'd have to wait longer since i'll go down in the queue).

Eventually i just had the person on the phone send an e-mail to customer service. Hopefully i'll get it. I doubt it but i'
m still hoping.

There may be some truth into what Justincase just said.

sm

Oct 23, 1999
justincase is right ..

Photoalley does have a major problem with their support.

I just ordered a camcorder and it came as a open box peice packed and taped together in the badly damaged original retail box. Someone in their packaging department didnt mind sending out a product in such a condition. Mind you this was not a mailing damage as the outside box was perfect.

I call them and as justincase said, you cannot reach the photoalley customer care directly. The people who answer the phone send just emails to them and you have to wait for them to call when they think they should. They cannot replace the peice but will take the camocrder back and obviously since they are not directly employed by photoalley are not that regretful or concerned about this other than to just process it. So I have lost time and have to think about reordering it again.

In my opinion, a very shabby way to provide customer service. I will have to think twice before dealing with them again.

Just my experience on how they run the show.

Justincase

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2001
>>>you have to wait for them to call when they think they should.<<<

Well, at least you were given that option...I spent some time with the supervisor today discussing options for getting my matter expedited/resolved, and as on several previous occasions, the only option I was given was to have the supervisor send an email inquiry...no callback was offered. I also sent my third email to customer 'care' [an oxymoron if there ever was one], and no response yet, again. It is surprising that a place with a reputation as good as PhotoAlley's, would have no direct contact info (phone number), and no mechanism for getting problems resolved quickly.

Nov 29, 2001
<<They took the Nikon 995 off of their site, looks like you can't order it today. They don't have any Nikon digital cameras listed>>

Try Dell on the Home side for Nikon cameras. They're still offering 10% off digital cameras, $25 off $150 with the coupon code here , and free shipping:

Nikon CoolPix 995 - $667.10
Nikon CoolPix 885 - $469.10
Nikon CoolPix 775 - $293.60

:)

bob92

Jan 24, 2000
Man, I really want the CoolPix 775! But I'm forcing myself to wait until after Christmas. Luckily the Dell coupon and 10% off are good through early January (unless they go OOS before then :|).

What would really make this hot is for Dell to do another 25% off deal...

HiramLikely

Nov 22, 2001
you can still get the Nikon 995 from mpsuperstore using the MSN 20% off deal. a few people in my office have done this deal and already received their cameras. i ordered one today and have already received the msn confirmation email. the only hassle with the store is that you have to call them back to verify the order before they ship. of course they ask you if you need any accessories while they've got you on the phone but it was pretty painless.

came to $503 after Nikon rebate and $100 from msn. no amex PM for me because i have no credit history.