Phone stopped being able to send texts but can receive texts fine

KingstonU

Golden Member
Dec 26, 2006
My phone (HTC G1 on Canada's Rogers network) for some reason can no longer send out texts, it has no problem receiving texts, and everything else on the phone is working fine and I haven't done anything odd to it or added programs or dropped it or get it wet. It's not hacked or anything. It just stopped being able to send texts, saying "Message undeliverable" and "Unable to send message".

I've contacted Rogers tech support about it and brought it into the store for them to try and figure out what the problem is. They've determined that it's the phone since taking the sim card out and putting it in another G1 phone worked fine and texts are sent no problem to my contacts. Everything else about the phone is in order after they checked all the settings and numbers.

So now they say I have to RMA it but was wondering is AT can maybe save me the hassle and give me ideas on how to fix it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

uli2000

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2006
Did you root the phone or install/uninstall any software on the phone? Installed a beta/unoficial OS update?

KingstonU

Golden Member
Dec 26, 2006
I have not rooted the phone or hacked it at all, I have installed/uninstalled numerous apps but I figured this is considered normal practice with smart phones and should not currupt anything. Also I hadn't done anything to the phone or install/uninstall any apps at all for several days prior to when texting stopped working.

SN4p

Jan 20, 2005
Is there no way to restore to original firmware or OS?

I'd give that a try before sending the thing off for a month.