phone broke - need suggestions for new one

Borkil

Sep 7, 2006
My galaxy s3 broke, usb port stopped working, and even after it was fixed it broke again and this time it's replacing it doesn't work. So i need a new phone. I'm on verizon unlimited data so I would like to keep it. I was looking on craigslist but people are still asking 300+ for a galaxy s4. That phone is a year old and I bet those people got them for free through verizon/insurance. What do you guys recommend? I would like a micro sd slot for my music.

TLDR: Verizon, microsd slot

tvdang7

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2005
I think a verizon used g2 would be great! It doesnt come with sd slot but does comes with 32gb standard.

shabby

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Get a qi receiver pad and charger for the s3 on ebay for $20, use airdroid for transferring files to the pc. No need to ditch the phone.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Get a qi receiver pad and charger for the s3 on ebay for $20, use airdroid for transferring files to the pc. No need to ditch the phone.

This.

Consider wireless charging before you go and plunge 300 on a new phone. If the USB port is the only thing broken about the phone this is a somewhat good workaround.

Alternatively get another battery and swap them out to charge at night/long sessions.

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
My galaxy s3 broke, usb port stopped working, and even after it was fixed it broke again and this time it's replacing it doesn't work. So i need a new phone. I'm on verizon unlimited data so I would like to keep it. I was looking on craigslist but people are still asking 300+ for a galaxy s4. That phone is a year old and I bet those people got them for free through verizon/insurance. What do you guys recommend? I would like a micro sd slot for my music.

TLDR: Verizon, microsd slot

I recommend you to be willing to spend some money upfront to keep your unlimited plan if you want to replace it with something nice.

Who cares about how much people spent for their GS4 and if they got it subsidized? You probably spent next to nothing on your GS3 too, right? $300 for a mint GS4 is not that much at all. It retails more than twice that when it was released. Half the price of a flagship's release price after a year is a pretty good deal.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I recommend you to be willing to spend some money upfront to keep your unlimited plan if you want to replace it with something nice.

Who cares about how much people spent for their GS4 and if they got it subsidized? You probably spent next to nothing on your GS3 too, right? $300 for a mint GS4 is not that much at all. It retails more than twice that when it was released. Half the price of a flagship's release price after a year is a pretty good deal.

Yep, if you want to keep the unlimited you have to buy the device full price or used and not through Verizon. I also don't think $300 for a GS4 is that much.