Phoenix Threatened by Riots

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: JD50
Originally posted by: Stoneburner
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit
Another non-sequitur/rant that doesn't answer my question. I didn't ask you how the laws were broken but what they were. I will take your answer as NO.

Now, why does caring for this country mean fearing immigrants.

Why don't you state your position on this instead of talking in circles? 1EZduzits position is perfectly clear and he is 100 percent correct on the issue. You still haven't made a valid argument in favor of your position, whatever that is. Oh, and stop calling everyone that is against ILLEGAL immigration a racist, its pretty ignorant.

He has an indefensible position. Illegal is illegal and he tries to say it's no worse then a speeding ticket. Apparently he thinks that if you've ever jaywalked you should be deported.

No, genius, i think the punishment for illegal immigration should be the same as jaywalking. And though your joke is stupid, you can't blame me for dodging your irrelevant nonsense. I don't care for your nonsensical ranting and circular arguments.

And JD50, what is EZ's position? It's that illegals are bad because they are illegal and they are illegal because they are bad. That's not a position is a logical fallacy.

Let me try another avenue. Let's posit you hate illegals because they take american jobs and resources which are too scarce. Shouldn't you also favor limiting the number of children americans can have like the chinese?

Ummm....his position is that they are illegal immigrants because they immigrated illegally. Thats pretty obvious, although it seems that you are having problems understanding the basic concept of entering a country illegally, and that being a bad thing.

Your summary of his position is the exact same as mine. Move along.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
That's impractical. There are some very stupid nutjobs who are american citizens and breeding nonstop. Haven't you seen Idiocracy?

Besides, an illegal couple can just drop a baby on U.S. soil and it'll be a "citizen"

Honestly, it seems as though you are just trolling, but I'll push aside my doubt for one more response.

There are nutjobs in every country, including America. By allowing anybody to immigrate to the US, we'd inherently be allowing nutjobs from other countries in. If we, instead, clamped down on illegal immigration and instead forced everyone to legally migrate, we could try to screen out the really crazy ones.

Don't come at me with "impractical" when you're talking about kicking out people who are citizens of this country. As much as I'd like to ship some people away, it can't be done legally or practically.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Another non-sequitur/rant that doesn't answer my question. I didn't ask you how the laws were broken but what they were. I will take your answer as NO.

Why don't you state your position on this instead of talking in circles? 1EZduzits position is perfectly clear and he is 100 percent correct on the issue. You still haven't made a valid argument in favor of your position, whatever that is. Oh, and stop calling everyone that is against ILLEGAL immigration a racist, its pretty ignorant.

He has an indefensible position. Illegal is illegal and he tries to say it's no worse then a speeding ticket. Apparently he thinks that if you've ever jaywalked you should be deported.

No, genius, i think the punishment for illegal immigration should be the same as jaywalking. And though your joke is stupid, you can't blame me for dodging your irrelevant nonsense. I don't care for your nonsensical ranting and circular arguments.

And JD50, what is EZ's position? It's that illegals are bad because they are illegal and they are illegal because they are bad. That's not a position is a logical fallacy.

Let me try another avenue. Let's posit you hate illegals because they take american jobs and resources which are too scarce. Shouldn't you also favor limiting the number of children americans can have like the chinese?

Are you kidding? Why should American citizens be limited because people are illegally entering the country?

I am curious, there are hundreds of millions of non-brown people that would love to come here (regardless of legality) are you saying we should open our borders to them as well? As long as the container ship of "yellow" people makes it inside the borders they should be given a ticket and allowed on their way?

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

Ummm....his position is that they are illegal immigrants because they immigrated illegally. Thats pretty obvious, although it seems that you are having problems understanding the basic concept of entering a country illegally, and that being a bad thing.

No, its not. Your summary doesn't make any sense. No one is saying that "they are illegal because they are bad", we are saying that they are illegal because they ILLEGALLY entered this country.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
You can deport all illegal immigrants if you want, but if you don't secure boarder they will just be coming back. It doesn't take much for them to walk right across the boarder to return to the US you know.

But anyway, hope people living in Phoenix have fun dealing with pissed off illegal immigrants or legal immigrants/citizen associated with them, and have fun paying for their free trip back to Mexico, only to see have return to your city in a few days,

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003

No, its not. Your summary doesn't make any sense. No one is saying that "they are illegal because they are bad", we are saying that they are illegal because they ILLEGALLY entered this country.

So they committed the crime of coming to the U.S. so their punishment should be being returned to mexico? The punishment should fit the crime, and the crime is what? I just can't see people trying to make a decent life for themselves as particularly nasty criminals, hence my comparison to a speeding infraction.

Darwin, american citizens need to be limited ALONG WITH illegal immigration. I believe it was Ricardo who first wrote about the role of population expansion with wages. If you want a decent life for your children make sure you don't have many children. IT does not matter where the population growth comes from, it needs to be limited. The economist just recently ran an article on the "END of Cheap Food".

Be afraid.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

So they committed the crime of coming to the U.S. so their punishment should be being returned to mexico? The punishment should fit the crime, and the crime is what? I just can't see people trying to make a decent life for themselves as particularly nasty criminals, hence my comparison to a speeding infraction.

Darwin, american citizens need to be limited ALONG WITH illegal immigration. I believe it was Ricardo who first wrote about the role of population expansion with wages. If you want a decent life for your children make sure you don't have many children. IT does not matter where the population growth comes from, it needs to be limited. The economist just recently ran an article on the "END of Cheap Food".

Be afraid.

I'm not saying that they are nasty criminals, I don't even think they are bad for coming here. I'd probably do the same thing if I were in their shoes and it was impossible for me to come here legally. That being said, the punishment fits the crime perfectly. The crime is coming into a country illegally, sending them back to where they came from is the perfect "punishment".

Its actually a pretty light punishment if you think about it. What if the punishment for stealing was to just give back what you stole instead of jail time? Same concept.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

LOL, your as egotisitical as TastesLikeChicken and just like him stringing a good line of BS only takes you so far. Instead of asking questions and attacking the messengers how about some answers? It's a tough problem and your obviously not up to it.

I'm attacking the messenger? Who are you speaking for? Seems like you're the one puling a TLC and throwing out inapplicable cliches because you fail to understand the question, much less the framework of the discussion.

Unlike you I've answered most, if not all of your questions and owned your ass several times doing so. You on the other hand continue to troll, troll, troll, just like TLC. The fact is that YOU ARE EXACTLY WHAT YOU CLAIM TO HATE.

Do you people soil yourself when you see people that don't look like you?
I equate illegal immigration to speeding. You people equate illegal immigration to murder, theft, and sodomy.
I think people with poor hygiene need to be deported. Have fun in western europe with your fellow unwashed masses.
I'd rather have an intelligent illegal person in this country rather than somebody like yourself.
What's the answer? Too much Lou Dobbs ?
Well, what will you do when stupidity is declared illegal?

And you must have been dropped on your head by your illegal immigrant nanny.
Is English your first language?
What we need is a comprehensive population control measure. I'd call it "The Malthusian Project" and any mormon or evangelical freak who has 14 kids (all with single syllable names!) will be summarily beaten, castrated, and imprisoned.
That's impractical. There are some very stupid nutjobs who are american citizens and breeding nonstop.
And let's not forget this gem:

Your response was stupid, I demand an apology for having read it.

No shit, Sherlock, I think you owe everybody who has read this thread about 10 aplologies for all your stupid, trollish talk.

ZeGermans

Banned
Dec 14, 2004
I'm going to necro this thread and laugh when Phoenix's economy inexplicably tanks in a few months.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
No, you tried to answer what you thought was my question and failed at that. You've yet to explain what you find so bad about illegal immigrants. You are illogical, devoid of common sense, and fail to understand when I'm using hyperbole to highlight YOUR silliness.

Overall, you are an embarrassment to the american school system.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

Be afraid.

Lets assume you are correct. If that is the case, then as an American tax paying citizen I would demand that everything be done to delay having to put restrictions on American's. If we stop further illegal immigration and deport all of the illegals already here we will buy ourselves decades of "growth". Basically, you just pointed out a very good reason TO deport them.

And you be afraid. I will be prepared.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
No, you tried to answer what you thought was my question and failed at that. You've yet to explain what you find so bad about illegal immigrants. You are illogical, devoid of common sense, and fail to understand when I'm using hyperbole to highlight YOUR silliness.

You're an embarassment to yourself. Everybody here asked for your position but you haven't defined it or even posted one shred of data to support any of the few feeble claims you have made. All you do is insult everybody and try to act superior. Sound familiar (TLC)?

I guess nobody understands your questions except you in your grandiose delusion to educate us. My advice to you? Seek treatment, your hate is blinding your objectivity.

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007
Meh, I live in Phoenix and I like the illegals. I don't feel threatened by them and often hire them to do some work around my property.

I do think the border needs to be secured though. It isn't the illegal Mexicans I worry about....it is the possibility that it is so easy for terrorists to cross.

How easy would it be for one to sneak across and attack Palo Verde nuclear plant?

Here is an example of how lax the border security is ---

I work with a lady who is a born citizen. Her husband is illegal. He was brought here by his parents when he was a child and he got deported last year. He is 30 something now.

He drove across the border without an ID. Gave a friend's SSN and info. BP didn't believe him and ran his fingerprints. Fingerprints came back with his real name and a warrant for unpaid tickets or something. He is transported to jail. They find out his real name etc. and he just tells them he lied because he forgot his ID and didn't want to get arrested for his warrant. His wife brings the 700 dollars to pay off the warrant and fine and they RELEASE HIM in the US.

Now I'm glad he personally got away but I wish they would secure the border. I don't want the existing illegals to be deported though unless they commit felonies or have felony records.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: bl4ckfl4g
Meh, I live in Phoenix and I like the illegals. I don't feel threatened by them and often hire them to do some work around my property.

In other words you like cheap labor... as long as it isn't you working on the cheap. That's what started this whole problem.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003

You're an embarassment to yourself. Everybody here asked for your position but you haven't defined it or even posted one shred of data to support any of the few feeble claims you have made. All you do is insult everybody and try to act superior. Sound familiar (TLC)?

I guess nobody understands your questions except you in your grandiose delusion to educate us. My advice to you? Seek treatment, your hate is blinding your objectivity.

What data are you barking about? What claim have I made that requires data? You don't know what you are saying but you're saying it anyway. Don't blame me for your lack of comprehension. And where do you get this crap about "hate?" Let's be honest here, your position is thinly veiled racism and your refusal to answer any questions I actually ask are an evasion. This is why you hide behind the "but they're illegal! " argument and claim you have no problem with "legals."

Stupidity isn't a shield or a sword and you are trying to use it as both.

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007

In other words you like cheap labor... as long as it isn't you working on the cheap. That's what started this whole problem.

Who doesn't?

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

Who doesn't?

And that's why I'm deadset against illegal aliens. If your too cheap to pay a fair wage then I think we need to adjust our labor supply to only legal workers, Fuck the border states shoving it up everybody else's ass for their own gratifacation.

I live over 1000 miles from the boarder and we have an illegal alien problem here because a bunch of cheap asses like you.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003

Who doesn't?

And that's why I'm deadset against illegal aliens. If your too cheap to pay a fair wage then I think we need to adjust our labor supply to only legal workers, Fuck the border states shoving it up everybody else's ass for their own gratifacation.

I live over 1000 miles from the boarder and we have an illegal alien problem here because a bunch of cheap asses like you.

But for cheap asses like him, it's not a problem, it's a benefit. Stop hating.

GeezerMan

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2005
Illegal immigrants are only doing the jobs Americans won't do

Oh yeah, I left out the part that most people don't mention:

Illegal immigrants are only doing the jobs Americans won't do, at that wage.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

What data are you barking about? What claim have I made that requires data? You don't know what you are saying but you're saying it anyway. Don't blame me for your lack of comprehension. And where do you get this crap about "hate?" Let's be honest here, your position is thinly veiled racism and your refusal to answer any questions I actually ask are an evasion. This is why you hide behind the "but they're illegal! " argument and claim you have no problem with "legals."

Stupidity isn't a shield or a sword and you are trying to use it as both.

What is your point in this thread? You've done nothing but talk in circles and throw insults of racism at everyone that is against illegal immigration.

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
I think in this thread, Stoneburner has provided the best evidence to be AGAINST illegal immigration. Talk about backfire...

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: GeezerMan
Illegal immigrants are only doing the jobs Americans won't do

Oh yeah, I left out the part that most people don't mention:

Illegal immigrants are only doing the jobs Americans won't do, at that wage.

americans aren't allowed to earn less than minimum wage, and most businesses are smart enough to know that if americans aren't paid at least the legal minimum they will face a class action suit at a later date. illegals, on the other hand, likely won't attempt to avail themselves of the court system.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

Who doesn't?

Hey genius, asking the authorities to enforce the law isn't hating, it's called justice. :p

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007

Who doesn't?

Hey genius, asking the authorities to enforce the law isn't hating, it's called justice. :p

Somehow I doubt I'll be fined for hiring some random day workers to mow my lawn or trim my trees.