Phoenix Threatened by Riots

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Speakers said undocumented immigrants should not be deported for committing infractions that would normally not result in jail, such as a traffic violation.
i'd like to point out that they're not being deported for the traffic violation, they're being deported because they're in violation of federal immigration laws.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: ElFenix
Speakers said undocumented immigrants should not be deported for committing infractions that would normally not result in jail, such as a traffic violation.
i'd like to point out that they're not being deported for the traffic violation, they're being deported because they're in violation of federal immigration laws.

Excellent point. I like that their advocates say, "Other than breaking the law to come here illegally, they are law-abiding hard working people!" Same could be said of thieves, murderers, etc.

ahurtt

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001

Yep. As I see it, police almost always run your license to see if you have any outstanding warrants or violations/restrictions whenever you are pulled over for almost any traffic violation. If they find you are in violation of some probation terms or you are wanted for something. . .do you think they just let you go? Hell NO! What would have been just a ticket for running a STOP sign can turn into an arrest. Why shouldn't the police be able to check for any and ALL possible violations of the law including illegal immigration status? Why should your status as an immigrant be excluded? Stop catering for the benefit of criminals! The reason all these Hispanics are so upset is because they know FULL WELL this is going to result in a LOT of them or their relatives being deported and they're scared.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
Originally posted by: ahurtt

Yep. As I see it, police almost always run your license to see if you have any outstanding warrants or violations/restrictions whenever you are pulled over for almost any traffic violation. If they find you are in violation of some probation terms or you are wanted for something. . .do you think they just let you go? Hell NO! What would have been just a ticket for running a STOP sign can turn into an arrest. Why shouldn't the police be able to check for any and ALL possible violations of the law including illegal immigration status? Why should your status as an immigrant be excluded? Stop catering for the benefit of criminals! The reason all these Hispanics are so upset is because they know FULL WELL this is going to result in a LOT of them or their relatives being deported and they're scared.

A scared minority melts the liberal heart like nothing else though.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Should make INS's job easier, just have them borrow buses to ship them all back to Mexico

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Well I'm sure the Phoenix PD got to purchase all sorts of new anti-riot gear with the money they got from Homeland Security, they need to test it out and see how effective it is.

This sounds like the perfect opportunity.

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
"The first step is fixing the illegal immigration problem is increased border security." -- Ron Paul

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
I lived in Tucson and spent plenty of time in Phoenix. Everyone knows exactly where all the illegals are in these towns. Its blatantly obvious when you can drive into a part of town and there are hundreds of guys lining the streets waiting for someone to pick them up to work. Now that i live in NV I see the exact same thing and have found their exact same communities. Their houses are obvious and they live all together in the same community. There always is crime in the area yet the police don't go there because they either don't speak the language or they just don't want to deal with the vast number of illegals they would have to process. There would be no way of rounding the sheer number of them between Tucson and Phoenix and throughout the rest of the country without some major riot/war.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: Drakkon
I lived in Tucson and spent plenty of time in Phoenix. Everyone knows exactly where all the illegals are in these towns. Its blatantly obvious when you can drive into a part of town and there are hundreds of guys lining the streets waiting for someone to pick them up to work. Now that i live in NV I see the exact same thing and have found their exact same communities. Their houses are obvious and they live all together in the same community. There always is crime in the area yet the police don't go there because they either don't speak the language or they just don't want to deal with the vast number of illegals they would have to process. There would be no way of rounding the sheer number of them between Tucson and Phoenix and throughout the rest of the country without some major riot/war.

Wouldn't be a war. They're unarmed.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Should make INS's job easier, just have them borrow buses to ship them all back to Mexico
Problem is no one will loan them their busses. Thats their closest thing they can get to having back their slave labor.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
The issue is should the local government enforce the laws of the Federal government.

Some liberals and their related courts feel that they should not do so.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: Common Courtesy
The issue is should the local government enforce the laws of the Federal government.

Well then, I guess the local law enforcement wouldn't mind me building my own machine guns. And the liberals would defend me if I were to be arrested, right?

teclis1023

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2007
Originally posted by: ahurtt

Agreed! As long as Officers aren't trolling the streets badgering people for identification, I see no reason to stop them from checking immigration status.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

The police should uphold ALL the laws, federal, state, and local. That's what they're there for.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit

The police should uphold ALL the laws, federal, state, and local. That's what they're there for.

No objection from me on this.

Take it up with the 9th.
They seem to feel that states should not have to enforce Federal

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Stoneburner
Do you people soil yourself when you see people that don't look like you?

only when they carry stones, burn flags and shout kill the white Satan...

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

What does that have to do with it?

As far as I can tell that remark is nothing but a back handed attempt at calling people who are against illegal immigration rascist.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

sorta like drug laws?

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001

As far as I can tell that remark is nothing but a back handed attempt at calling people who are against illegal immigration rascist.

Yeah, I don't know where he's coming from on this issue. I'm not in favor of trying to round up and weed out every illegal immigrant in the country, but I think the police should deport any who are pulled over, arrested, or whatever.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003

Speeding is illegal, I do it all the time. I equate illegal immigration to speeding. You people equate illegal immigration to murder, theft, and sodomy. The question is not how much you hate the illegality of the act but of how highly you rate the illegality.

And sure, you can continue soiling yourselves because a fellow human being wants a decent life, I won't call you racist. I promise :)

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
A wanted murderer/rapist/anything is apprehended for jaywalking...when in the course of writing the ticket, he is found out...

who the hell cares about the jaywalking...just get them for the main reason.

PSA, if your presence is detected and can cause you to get deported, don't break the fucking law...

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005

And some conservatives want to legalize all of the illegals and have open borders.

ahurtt

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Nebor

Well then, I guess the local law enforcement wouldn't mind me building my own machine guns. And the liberals would defend me if I were to be arrested, right?

Then they would care. . .they only don't want to have to enforce the federal laws they don't agree with or that are a pain in the ass. You know. . .the ones that are "inconvenient."