Phoenix Suns to wear 'Los Suns' jerseys to protest Arizona's immigration law.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
The freedom from unwarranted search and seizure. Several other people have pointed this out.

And it has also been pointed out, which you conveniently ignore, SCOTUS has ruled on this for stop and identify states. Maybe you think if you keep repeating it it will come true?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
It has everything to do with it.
Out of state White guy gets off with a fix-it ticket.
Out of state non-white guy gets asked if he is a legal citizen of the US even after providing the aforementioned documents.

Those documents are NOT proof of citizenship if you are from certain states.

And if you are an alien, and follow federal law already in place, you will have your green card or work permit also. Problem solved. Oh, maybe you can explain why federal law hasnt been found to violate constitutional protection in this regard?

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
<<< Does not care what any NBA, NHL, NFL, MLB team thinks. Sounds like a PR stunt. Could have attracted more new Latino fans by simply offering free chimichangas.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
No you didnt but you sure did spout a bunch of emotional drivel that you know nothing about. If you believe what you wrote, you ARE a tool. A tool of the pro-immigration crowd. Toughen up and defend your position, Dorothy.

I just said I don't agree with the law and I stated my reasons. My reasons are based on what I've read in respected journals and I can see how this law could be used to circumvent the Constitution of the United States.

Regardless, we will see how this plays out in the coming months I'm sure.

Here's a little tip for you, you might want to be less of a tool yourself.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Can someone explain to me HOW this law can be abused?

If a cop wants to give people crap they can use it (improperly) to hassle people. In that sense it's like any other law. You could be pulled over and given grief because of a lot of things.

What needs to be kept in mind is that there is a difference between what the law says and what how a particular LEO uses it.

Again the same argument can be used for DUI or whatever. That is not the same as the law itself at fault.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I just said I don't agree with the law and I stated my reasons. My reasons are based on what I've read in respected journals and I can see how this law could be used to circumvent the Constitution of the United States.

Regardless, we will see how this plays out in the coming months I'm sure.

Here's a little tip for you, you might want to be less of a tool yourself.

And do these journals also talk about how federal law can circumvent the constitution? If not, why not? This law mirrors federal. I posted in another thread over a dozen court cases, including SCOTUS and ninth appeals that legally support this law. This law does not step over federal law. If it does, maybe you, or one or your journals, can point it out? And if it does, can you post your conspiracy theory as to why federal law has been allowed to remain in place?

And BTW...is your disagreement of this law newfound or have you always disagreed with federal law already in place? Also BTW some of your fears about this law have proven to be unfounded. For example

I think this law stinks and should be overturned. It solves nothing, places an undue burden on the police force,[/quote

Based on what? The law prior to this placed undue burden on the LEO because their hands were tied.

will create more animosity between the latino community and police throughout the state,

Have you ignored the stories and latino organizations that support this law? Have you ignored LEGAL immigrants who despise illegals because of lack of law enforcement, including one who has been vocal in most of these threads? Why cant you explain how their support of this law is somehow racist, as you claim this law is?

it promotes racial profiling and undue search and seizure.

has been proven false. By the very language of the bill. So this is the most blatent lie you've posted. Not to mention, if we are so racist, why do Mexican legal immigrants make up the largest percentage, BY FAR, of legal immigrants in ths country?

If you could show this law oversteps federal law, or somehow will do the things you say it will, whereas federal law doesnt, I would be inclided to listen. But, unfortunately for you, all you've done is post emotional drivel. Im giving you the benefit of the doubt here. But in the previous 10 threads about this, no one can.

Be a hero for the amnesty/open border/pro-illegal crowd and explain it, intelligently, and with support. Since no one else has been able to.

dammitgibs

Jan 31, 2009
Can I just go to a Suns game without a ticket? grab some food without paying? I'll just sit in the seats the other fans don't want, eat the hot dogs the other Americans wont eat. Wait, you regulate who comes into your arena? Before I go to my seat you want to check my papers?? Nazis.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Can I just go to a Suns game without a ticket? grab some food without paying? I'll just sit in the seats the other fans don't want, eat the hot dogs the other Americans wont eat. Wait, you regulate who comes into your arena? Before I go to my seat you want to check my papers?? Nazis.

lol

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008

It all depends on whose bull is being gored, doesn't it.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

Damn good point. Perhaps we should all just jump the fences to their stadium, overwhelm their enforcement officers, and do whatever we want to watch their game.

After all, it's not like the players get paid from ticket sales, or the stadium upkept from those ticket sales.

What would happen if a few players get harmed, or killed, as a result of everybody jumping the fence?

Wouldn't matter, right? It's racial profiling if they try to stop us.

DAGTA

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

Herr Kutz

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2009
Absolutely. The law even forbids it. And I personally support racial profiling, it's a tool that works very well.

This. Stupid laws that avoid racial profiling is what made the situation get out of hand in the first place. I just do not see the point in avoiding common sense...

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Isn't Sol spanish for Sun?

And did they not read the text of the law? It is written in such a way to prevent some of the racial profiling the left is fuming over.

Ummm no.......the way it is written will not affect the fact that this law will be abused.

You are dreaming if you beleive for a minute this law will prevent racial profiling...sorry!!

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Ummm no.......the way it is written will not affect the fact that this law will be abused.

You are dreaming if you beleive for a minute this law will prevent racial profiling...sorry!!

Do you have evidence the mirrored federal law has encouraged profiling?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

"undocumented basketball fan" :hmm:

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
I love it. The government gets all "Big Brother" on ESL people (notice I didn't say anything about race) and the righties love it.

hypocrisy, thy name is republican.

I'm still thinking that Arizona police and law enforcement aren't going to enforce this new law with the same amount of enthusiasm as some of the keyboard jockeys here.

I wouldn't want to be in their (AZ police officers) shoes.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
I love it. The government gets all "Big Brother" on ESL people (notice I didn't say anything about race) and the righties love it.

hypocrisy, thy name is republican.

I'm still thinking that Arizona police and law enforcement aren't going to enforce this new law with the same amount of enthusiasm as some of the keyboard jockeys here.

I wouldn't want to be in their (AZ police officers) shoes.

Enforcing federal law is being big brother on ELS people? rofl

Oct 16, 1999

Wow, that's beautiful.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
It has everything to do with it.
Out of state White guy gets off with a fix-it ticket.
Out of state non-white guy gets asked if he is a legal citizen of the US even after providing the aforementioned documents.

Those documents are NOT proof of citizenship if you are from certain states.

did it ever occur to you that there are illegal white and Asian people in this country as well? your "don't mess with the brown guy that's racist" stance on this is exactly how this whole thing snowballed into the mess it is today.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

best post in this whole thread.