Phish- Gin & Juice...what album is it on? edit: Jorken, are you still lurking?

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I certainly will. Actual song structures without 10 minutes of guitar wanking and aimlessly repetitive playing and songs. :D
I mean, let's not pretend that Buckethead didn't release a thousand albums of guitar wanking :D

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
I mean, let's not pretend that Buckethead didn't release a thousand albums of guitar wanking :D
I'm not into guitar virtuosos. I mean I fully respects and appreciate the Paul Gilberts, Vai, Nuno, and Bucketheads of this world, but I don't actually like their music. I'm glad that fad stayed mostly in the 80's. I've been playing guitar since I was around 11-12 and it was never my thing. I did own an 1991 Ibanez Jem Blue Floral though, lol.

Jam Bands just bore me more than anything. Personal opinion :)

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I'm not into guitar virtuosos. I mean I fully respects and appreciate the Paul Gilberts, Vai, Nuno, and Bucketheads of this world, but I don't actually like their music. I'm glad that fad stayed mostly in the 80's. I've been playing guitar since I was around 11-12 and it was never my thing. I did own an 1991 Ibanez Jem Blue Floral though, lol.

I'm not really defending jam bands here, they've never really been my bag either.
I still have a Jackson King V with a Floyd Rose knock-off I play around with sometimes (and a Digitech Metal Master to go with it!)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Most of them are, indeed, very annoying.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
I'm not really defending jam bands here, they've never really been my bag either.
I still have a Jackson King V with a Floyd Rose knock-off I play around with sometimes (and a Digitech Metal Master to go with it!)
Nice! I've always liked the Gibson, Jackson and ESP Flying V guitars, but I always end up purchasing something else. Maybe someday I'll break down and get one for giggles. Digitech Metal Master, I've heard good things about it but never owned one. I had a Boss Metal Zone pedal back in the day. Great pedal, but I really only rely on my 5150 head distortion with an Ibanez TS9 for occasional added Overdrive and sound shaping.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Nice! I've always liked the Gibson, Jackson and ESP Flying V guitars, but I always end up purchasing something else. Maybe someday I'll break down and get one for giggles. Digitech Metal Master, I've heard good things about it but never owned one. I had a Boss Metal Zone pedal back in the day. Great pedal, but I really only rely on my 5150 head distortion with an Ibanez TS9 for occasional added Overdrive and sound shaping.
Yeah, I always liked V guitars too. This one I ended up with because I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee I was selling that needed a little TLC, but even at $500 (in running condition!) I had no takers, and this guy is like "I'll trade you this guitar", so I said fuck it and took the guitar :D Already had two other running cars, and didn't want this one to just sit there and rust.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
And here I am, all out of gin! I have juice. I don't think whiskey and juice go quite the same together, maybe a poor person's whiskey sour?

Reactions: cKGunslinger